Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't know what to do, HELP ME!!! Watch

Announcements

ANON OR DELETE

I really like this guy from one of my lectures. I seen him today after a whole month! Because I was ill and he was ill. I have two lectures with him on a Tuesday and because he didn't turn up to the morning one, I assumed that he left the course because I seen two names crossed off the register. (I don't know his name yet!) Anyways I was absolutely gutted because of this :'( But then he came to the afternoon lecture and I was ecstatic!!

I wasn't sure if it was just a little crush or if I seriously liked him but today made me realise I do. Though I don't know what to do. I've finally told my friends how I feel about him and they're planning on playing matchmaker, LOL! But I aint got a clue what the right things to say or do are! I'm just going to start by sitting closer to where he usually sits.

ANY TIPS?! PLEASE HELP!!

I'm really shy and have NEVER had a boyfriend before and I am 21!! I'm scared of getting rejected

ReputationRep:
    lol your friends are going to play match maker?
    "my friend fancies you"
    im sure that will go down well
    • TSR Support Team

Try and get to know him?

My friends aren't going to say that! They're just trying to give me ideas on how to get closer to him. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    lol your friends are going to play match maker?
    "my friend fancies you"
    im sure that will go down well
    haha

ReputationRep:
    after lectures, time it so that you end up leaving at the same time, then make a comment about the lecture? ask them if they're going out that night/soon? At least you'll be on his radar, then say hi, be bold and sit with him at the following lecture.
    are you 1st year btw? because that would make the sitting by them not so stalker-ish. Everybody's friendly in first year!

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever spoken to him before?

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't have told you friends but since you have I think you should just tell them stay away.. no 'matchmaking' please lol .... Just be yourself, relax and find some common interest, that should be easy since you guys are in the same lecture.

Good Luck!

Nope never spoken to him before, but have caught him staring at me quite a few times. I don't know what to say because whenever I'm nervous I just mess up! For some reason he takes absolutely ages to leave the lecture room! I aint got a clue why! But yeah I will try and talk to him before/after the lecture. Though I don't want to seem desperate so I need to make it less obvious!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    you really like him that much and you dont even know his name?

There's absolutely LOADS of people in our Lecture Theatre!!! How do you expect me to know every single person's name.:eek: We're only together in two lectures a week. I don't see him at any other point. As I mentioned I am very shy, so can someone please give me suggestions of what I CAN do instead of criticising! THANKS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's absolutely LOADS of people in our Lecture Theatre!!! How do you expect me to know every single person's name.:eek: We're only together in two lectures a week. I don't see him at any other point. As I mentioned I am very shy, so can someone please give me suggestions of what I CAN do instead of criticising! THANKS!
    I think they meant that if you don't even know his name you have no idea what he's like so your feelings for him are based solely on his appearance and your perception of him which may or may not be true. Anyway that aside, I think you should try to get to know him better. If you're a fresher this is easy as you can talk to him as if you are trying to get to know people. He might be a member of your subject's society so you could try that or perhaps you have a mutual acquaintance that could introduce you. Maybe just sit next to him in a lecture and ask him something to get the ball rolling, could be something small (ask for a pen, if he can explain something to you etc) or you could ask him if he is going to whatever next big social event there is (obviously say you're going too and then carry it on from there) or even ask him (once you get to know him a bit) if he wants to study/go for a drink with you if you're feeling brave. Once you get talking to him it will all become clear.

Im a guy and have the same sort of thing with a girl, only have one module the same with her lectures on Tuesdays and thursdays, just feels so awkward

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Im a guy and have the same sort of thing with a girl, only have one module the same with her lectures on Tuesdays and thursdays, just feels so awkward
    Thank you! Someone who understands! Yes I am a fresher but it still doesn't make it any easier. Its now the end of the term and everyone has already formed thier cliques. Everyone sits in the same places every time! But yes I am physically attracted to him,why are some people trying to make out only I am guilty of this?! I wouldn't be in this situation if I actually knew him! Its a crush its not as if I have fallen in love with him or something!

So far I have got sit next to him and ask to borrow a pen, any other ideas?!

ReputationRep:
    Sit next to him, borrow a pen, ask him for notes, cause you "lost" them, or just propose grabbing a coffee, or you can trip and fall down right in front of him and see if he's a gentleman and helps you :P but it's a little risky and cliched...

LOL! So basically borrowing a pen is the answer!

ReputationRep:
    Chances are, you'll just ask for a pen, he'll give you one and that's it. Just have a normal random discussion with him. If he's not so interested, it'll show. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliF)
    Sit next to him, borrow a pen, ask him for notes, cause you "lost" them, or just propose grabbing a coffee, or you can trip and fall down right in front of him and see if he's a gentleman and helps you :P but it's a little risky and cliched...
    a little cliche!?

To be honest I'm not sure that's a great test of his gentlemanliness(wow that's actually a word!), I can't see anyone not helping someone up if they've fallen over/helping them pick up their things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I can't see anyone not helping someone up if they've fallen over/helping them pick up their things...
    Looks like I have a tendency to trip around MASSIVE jerks XD. Or they were in a hurry. Or blind. Or blind and deaf. Or mentally challenged. Or autistic. Or not even a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliF)
    Looks like I have a tendency to trip around MASSIVE jerks XD. Or they were in a hurry. Or blind. Or blind and deaf. Or mentally challenged. Or autistic. Or not even a man.
    Hmm not even a "are you ok?" and wait until you've gotten up even if they don't physically help you up?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.