Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've never really had this problem before but it's really starting to become an issue! My boyfriend and I have been having sex for nearly 5 years, we're both clean and don't use condoms. I've been getting really sore after sex, I'll be okay for a few minutes but as soon as we get up and do something else I'll start to get a really weird dull ache down below.
    After we have sex I usually clean myself up with a bit of tissue and this may sound odd but I swear it's his sperm that makes me sore. My vagina feels quite swollen after sex and it's very sensitive.
    I'm so sore this time and I've just developed thrush which is ridiculous as I take good care of personal hygeine!
    Could it be because we only see each other every other weekend and I'm not ready down below for sex after two weeks of no penetration?
    I don't understand because this has never been a big problem before. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, well I'm not entirely sure but has the kind of sex you're having changed? I know that sounds a bit weird, but like... is it really rough now or something, which could be making you sore, perhaps you're not using enough lubricant, but I wouldn't think it would be the time gap in- between if it's never been a problem before Perhaps it would be best to go to your doctors to find out about it, just to reassure yourself what it is as it is obviously causing you problems and distress. I've only just gotten rid of thrush and I'm really clean down there too! I reckon I got it from being on antibiotics which killed all my good germs too, but it was absolutely horrible and made me feel very miserable. I hope you get some feedback and help and get it sorted out

ReputationRep:
    It could be that his sperm is causing irritation, especially if this is combined with a change in the ph levels of your vagina. I should probably preface all this with the reminder that I'm gay - so don't have much first hand experience of these sorts of issues....

maybe this link might offer some advice though?? http://www.rephresh.co.uk/files/html/ph_matters.htm

ReputationRep:
    Semen allergy?

ReputationRep:
    maybe ur tighter than a ducks ass

ReputationRep:
    alergyy

ReputationRep:
    It's not unusual to feel a bit sore down there afterwards, but if you think it's more than the usual amount you could go see a doctor, or perhaps think about using lubrication.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.