Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pronglonged period + Sex + Pills Watch

Hello forum,
    This is a serious question and I need serious answers, no jokes as I'm pretty afraid atm.

Within the last month i've been having sex constantly with my bf, 1 1/2 weeks ago I started taking the pill, 1 1/2 weeks ago the same time I took the pill, my period began.

every single time i've had sex, it was with a condom.

My normal period time is only 6-7 days, its been 3+ more than usual. this never happens.

I've read somewhere that it could be pregnancy period blood?

I'm afraid of being pregnant,

Please advise
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Go see your doctor. TSR isn't going to be much help to you.

Edit: I got negged for this?! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried about being pregnant, get a pregnancy test...

ReputationRep:
    Considering you always used condoms then it could just be your body adjusting to the hormones in the pill but if you are worried speak to your GP. Read the leaflet that came with the pill pack and see if abnormal/prolonged bleeding is an expected side effect with that pill, each one affects women differently

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it it's just your body trying to adjust to the pill, it's really common for girls to get irregular bleeding when they've only just started hormonal contraception. Seeing as you've been using condoms (and if nothing's gone wrong) it's very unlikely that you're pregnant and more likely just the pill.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.