Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"beautiful" girls who are insecure does that sound normal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What I mean is the sort of girls so good looking that they make the majority of good looking girls in a club or bar look plain in comparison or in the league of glamour models except not as dirty looking.

I know a few girls like this and they seem really insecure to the point where they want attention from any men even if its negative to feel wanted I guess.

I know at least 2 of them who say they are fat, they are ugly but have literally crowds of men around them in a bar, and if someone calls them pretty their eyes light up and they push their hair back, doesnt matter if the man saying it to them is horrible looking(and I am an unnattractive male myself)

Noit sure what to say really, just that any compliment they recieve they "light up" even if its saying their hair looks good, or they are dressed nice etc

I dont understand how this is really, sure I know "beautiful people" can have problems the same as everyone else but self esteem issues seem a bit less relevant.

Just wanted to hear peoples opinions.

ReputationRep:
    these are what we call attention seekers

ReputationRep:
    The most insecure people I know are beautiful. And if it's called "attention seeking", well that's still a psychological issue in itself.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has their insecurities.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I'm venturing into the realms of psychobabble here, but I think people who have always had compliments about their appearance become just as hungry for them - maybe even more so - than people who've never had compliments.

If people have always said you're gorgeous and then suddenly nobody mentions it any more, the chances are that's because you're not as good looking as you were. And when you've come to rely on those compliments for your self esteem, that must be pretty crushing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.