Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Orange mobile phone network - anybody else having problems with calls and texts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Signal?

Probably due to weather?

ReputationRep:
    Simple solution - go on o2, bbz xx

ReputationRep:
    Story. Of. My. Life.

Can't wait till my contract is over, I'm done with Orange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooovan*)
    Story. Of. My. Life.

It used to be fine, didn't it?

But ever since the snow has come...

ReputationRep:
    Story. Of. My. Life.

I have harassed/moaned/complained to Orange, threatend to take them to court/ threatend to go to trading standards etc for months for ongoing known signal problems eventually my boyfriend managed to convince one of the manager to cancel both our 2 year contracts after she completely dropped herself in the biggest hole ever! The bottom line was that we were miss-sold the phones as we were told that there were no signal problems in the area eventhough it is known to Orange that the area I live in has a very poor coverage.

I was only half way in my contract so I thank GOD that I'm free, free at last!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    I have harassed/moaned/complained to Orange, threatend to take them to court/ threatend to go to trading standards etc for months for ongoing known signal problems eventually my boyfriend managed to convince one of the manager to cancel both our 2 year contracts after she completely dropped herself in the biggest hole ever! The bottom line was that we were miss-sold the phones as we were told that there were no signal problems in the area eventhough it is known to Orange that the area I live in has a very poor coverage.

You are so incredibly lucky, I want out of my 2 year contract I'm STUCK. And I'm SICK of my iphone 4, it's had so many problems, I've only just got it back from getting repaired with signal problems and whatnot, and then a week later, the exact same problem has come up again but even worse I want to get out of the contract and just get a nice simple phone not with Orange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    You are so incredibly lucky, I want out of my 2 year contract I'm STUCK. And I'm SICK of my iphone 4, it's had so many problems, I've only just got it back from getting repaired with signal problems and whatnot, and then a week later, the exact same problem has come up again but even worse I want to get out of the contract and just get a nice simple phone not with Orange.
    Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    Orange is an awful network. If you are on PAYG I suggest you switch to giffgaff (o2)

ReputationRep:
    I know!!:eek: It took me like 2 weeks to believe it haha After all the phone calls I couldn't actually believe they just said ''okay - we'll cancel them''

One of the customer service people I spoke to later on actually started laughing and said that we were very lucky. He said he would NEVER get a contract with Orange himself, they very rarely cancel contracts... perhaps they get fines for cancelling contracts XD I really don't know but I'm so glad im rid of it ... I had to send the phones back but that's okay .. I still owed Orange like 150 pound (of the 2 contracts) but we just refused to pay it and we never heard anything about it really so I'm all happy

ReputationRep:
    Leeds

So so lucky! I'm going to ring them up tomorrow morning and hopefully get somewhere.. I refuse to pay more excess on my insurance.

Orange are pretty bad in Dundee, it has to be said. Network busy even when on full signal, calls dropping with different handsets, texts arriving hours late and out of sequence.

Looking at Vodafone, any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
      Leeds

So so lucky! I'm going to ring them up tomorrow morning and hopefully get somewhere.. I refuse to pay more excess on my insurance.
      Is it really s**t in leeds?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FattyInNeed)
      Is it really s**t in leeds?
      Yes it is , one time I had no signal for the whole day, so i rang up orange and he said everythings fine in my area when it clearly wasn't , so he told me to turn off wifi and 3G, and obviously it still didn't work.. Don't know what he had been smoking... Just rang up the insurance company and the guy actually fell asleep on the phone, full on snoring! I was shouting down the phone and he still wasnt waking up so had to hang up and try again. Now I've got to send my phone off again

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FattyInNeed)
      It used to be fine, didn't it?

But ever since the snow has come...
      Mine has always been ****. I think there's very little coverage where I live. I don't know, it's just ridiculous. Contract ends in January, can't wait to switch!

I envy you! Who are you with now?

ReputationRep:
      I envy you! Who are you with now?
      I'm still phoneless really I like having no contract, it just feels so good lol.

But I got a pay and go 02 phone that works great so I might stick with that.

ReputationRep:
      I'm still phoneless really I like having no contract, it just feels so good lol.

But I got a pay and go 02 phone that works great so I might stick with that.
      I recommend O2 simplicity.

£10 a month - sim only contract:

- 300 mins to any network
      - unlimited texts to any network
      - Either unlimited calls and texts to O2 people / unlimited landline calls to UK phones

All that for just £10 a month - plus you can keep your number.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity/12_months

ReputationRep:
      I recommend that you should switch from the orange network to 02. for £10 credit you get 500 free minutes to spend with 4 weeks, to your chosen landline number and to any 02mobile phone. Have you seen the Sony Ericsson W890i? I have that phone, its really good as it's light in weight, stylish, and modern

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RedGuy)
      Orange is an awful network. If you are on PAYG I suggest you switch to giffgaff (o2)
      Orange are a wonderful network for me but with O2 I can never get any signal whatsoever! If I'm lucky I could get 1 bar! The only good thing about O2 is their Broadband and that's it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.