Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ... Just the general area.

What's it like? Do you like it? How far does it take for you to get to uni? Other stuff worth mentioning etc.

Me and my friends are starting to think about finding a house for next year, but probably won't get into it too seriously until after Christmas, and exams. We went to look at a house today in Jesmond, and it's pretty much the first time I've been anywhere other than the town centre, Byker or Shieldfield. So yeah... Which areas are generally seen as nice? Any areas to really avoid?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Well I live up in Fenham its alright but I wouldn't recomend it. Sandyford, Jesomnd and Heaton are the student area's really. They all have their pluses and minuses.

Sandyford is pretty nice, the house's aren't too costly but what's best about it is that you will litterally live round the corner from the uni, you'll be able to leave your house at 5 to the hour and you'll get to lecture no problem.

Jesmond is the nicest area, although it's more expensive... but I'd say it'd be worth it. Heaton isn't quite as good, and it's a little further away, but its cheaper. Really if you want to live as a student go to the east of the city... never ever ever come west there's like no students here... but thats just me complaining about where I live.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.