Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

advice: getting out of housing tenancy agreement Watch

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the process or if there is even a process of getting out of tenancy agreements?

i'm a third year student and have been living with my housemates for nearly a term,
    but i'm not very happy where i am: there is a level of "racial intolerance" in the house (don't want to be as strong as to say rascist) that i find difficult (i'm white, but still) and a general disrespect for others, which i find hard because i'm generally an 'each to their own' sort of person

it's nothing serious or worth making official complaint about, but it's lots of little things such as inconsideracy for others, *****yness etc which have amounted to feeling uncomfortable in my own home.

so i'm weighing up whether to stay and start speaking out about the things which make me uncomfortable (easier said than done with 2 housemates in particular) and prolong the unhappiness, or move out.

i just feel i don't want to be wasting my limited time at uni with people i don't get on with

any advice/past experience?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.