Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm predicted ABB for A level. Way to crap for medicine etc. So I've always had it in my head that biological sciences was the way forward in my life. Leicester uni kinda blew me away in that it's Portrayl of biosciences seemed like the worlds answer for everything. So I panicked for choices as I was gettin late for entry Leicester uni appealing to me I applied there and Nottingham Leeds etc. Then it came about me to search the graduates views of this course. Seriously is this course

A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME

in terms of eventual jobs and salaries? I love biology but if nobody can find a decent job with a Bsc in it what's the point? I feel as if I've been tricked by the supposed "high employment rates" of courses

so now I'm stuck with the huge stress of utter panic! What to do!

I do biology chemistry and English for a level so what other career path can I take bearing in mind my PS is on biological sciences?
    Choices so far;

-opt for pharmacy (hate chemistry tho and is salaries much better?)

- conversion to law after 3years

- sticking with biology and praying I earn a living

- biomedical

I've thoroughly researched all options but still am clueless in deciding
    i've suffered with only 3 hours of sleep on average and severe headaches and migraines due to this stress! On top of school work!

PLEASE help! What's the best thing for me to do! Career/salary wise??

Any help will be Basically Helping a young man keep his hair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Es man)
    So I'm predicted ABB for A level. Way to crap for medicine etc. So I've always had it in my head that biological sciences was the way forward in my life. Leicester uni kinda blew me away in that it's Portrayl of biosciences seemed like the worlds answer for everything. So I panicked for choices as I was gettin late for entry Leicester uni appealing to me I applied there and Nottingham Leeds etc. Then it came about me to search the graduates views of this course. Seriously is this course

A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME

in terms of eventual jobs and salaries? I love biology but if nobody can find a decent job with a Bsc in it what's the point? I feel as if I've been tricked by the supposed "high employment rates" of courses

I do biology chemistry and English for a level so what other career path can I take bearing in mind my PS is on biological sciences?
    Choices so far;

- biomedical

i've suffered with only 3 hours of sleep on average and severe headaches and migraines due to this stress! On top of school work!

Any help will be offering a young man keep his hair!
    Why are you panicking? What happens happens. You can still go into medicine if you want to. Or go into the finance sector. Science teachers are in demand as well. With an undergraduate in the UK, there are so many post-grad conversion courses and whatnot available. So stop panicking.

ReputationRep:
    JUst dnt want these 3 years to be a waste of time, so maany threads about how bad the job prospects are for this course... Is a conversion course as good as a degree, and what's better, law for 3 years at a poor uni or say a 2:1 in biology followed by a law conversion, in terms of employment for law?

ReputationRep:
    Apply next year when you know what you want to do

ReputationRep:
    JUst dnt want these 3 years to be a waste of time, so maany threads about how bad the job prospects are for this course... Is a conversion course as good as a degree, and what's better, law for 3 years at a poor uni or say a 2:1 in biology followed by a law conversion, in terms of employment for law?
    Job prospects bad for a science course? Don't be silly. :rolleyes:
    A conversion MBBS is 4 years long, and you can still become a doctor from it. No difference there aprt from obviously it takes longer. It's more concentrated than an undergraduate MBBS.

Regarding law, you can get the GDL (Graduate Diploma in Law) or you could do a graduate BA in Law.

Alternatively for both these paths you can just apply on UCAS after you've done your initial undergraduate as an undergraduate on one of the law or medicine courses. So if you took this path for law, then you would have your BsC in Biology, plus an undergraduate BA in Law at the end of it.

And for teaching, you can do the PGCE for biology at whatever level you wanted to.

I repeat my point: Stop panicking. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wnt be able to apply next year

ReputationRep:
    Do what you find interesting, if you find it interesting you'll do well, if you do well the job opportunities will follow

ReputationRep:
    Wnt be able to apply next year
    Why not? If you love biology then you can do a masters afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Why not? If you love biology then you can do a masters afterwards.
    £6000+ tuition fees (I realised this after I posted )

ReputationRep:

A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME

Choices so far;

- biomedical

Any help will be Basically Helping a young man keep his hair!
    Converting to law is extremely difficult and highly competitive. Pharmacy more or less guarantees a very well paid job. If you want a career as a professional scientist you're probably going to need a PhD.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.