Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Canadians - Describe to me how you survive a winter in Canada.

I'm moving to Saskatoon in a few months, but I can barely survive -2c in the UK. What are the right clothes to wear, the right winter activities, ways of heating your home etc.

Any other info on Canadian (or saskatoon) society is very welcome.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    lol its gonna be -30, but apparently. But theyre much better prepared for snow over there!

ReputationRep:
    Get a toque!

ReputationRep:
    helloooo!
    well you will definitely have to reconsider your definition of cold.... minus 2 is very warm for this time of year! I'm from Edmonton (in the province west of Saskatchewan) and it's about -17 now which is pretty average, but I think Saskatoon is colder and gets more snow (why are you moving here!? ) Oh and there are no such thing as "snow days" -so school/work is never ever cancelled in extreme weather!
    How to survive? Tim Horton's, longjohns, and staying indoors. You must must go skiing in the Rockies!! (Lake Louise, Fernie, Marmot etc). And your place will have central heating I assume... On the plus ish side, the summers are hot, dry, and sunny.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.