Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for bad cellulite.

I'm really struggling with trying to get rid of mine. I know that drinking lots of water can help, and I've been trying hard to drink more, however I can't see how water could make that much of a change as its really bad, very lump and obvious, not just small.

Obviously weightloss, but my legs aren't all that fat, and are probably the 'thinnest' place on me.

I've tried body brushing and massaging every morning. Did this for about 2 months but noticed absolutely no difference.

Does ANYONE have any idea? I'm completely stuck. I just can't seem to make it go away at all, even after losing 3 stone its not got any better at all.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, cellulite doesn't have a 'cure' or a 'treatment'. Some women have it no matter of their size or shape, it's a type of fat that us women are sadly lumbered with.

Keep up the body brushing... 2 months isn't a long time in the scheme of things, so try it for 6 months at least - I've found that it does help to break up the fat and disperse it a bit, so hang on in there.

But really, there aren't any cures for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Unfortunately, cellulite doesn't have a 'cure' or a 'treatment'. Some women have it no matter of their size or shape, it's a type of fat that us women are sadly lumbered with.

Keep up the body brushing... 2 months isn't a long time in the scheme of things, so try it for 6 months at least - I've found that it does help to break up the fat and disperse it a bit, so hang on in there.

But really, there aren't any cures for it.
    Thanks, its just so annoying that some people don't have any issues with it, and its really getting my down

I'll take up the body brushing again, I thought that if I'd seen no change in that time it probably wouldn't do much, but I'll have another go. Its just making me really sad, and its not even summer yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there are creams out there...but I doubt they really work Like someone said I'd keep usng the body brush and massage it towards your heart rather than downwards...if you're not doing that already.

Anyway good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently weight loss doesn't help (but well done anyway!)
    There are some wraps that I've heard good things about, and body brushing can take ages to work- maybe take photos now so you can compare in a month or so to see if it's making a difference? my friends swears that hers went down when she stopped drinking fizzy drinks but I'm not sure.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really a cure. There are plenty of rich, slim celebs who have it, so if there was a cure, I'm sure they would have used it by now!

ReputationRep:
    I read that the number one thing that women complain about that men don't care about is cellulite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    I read that the number one thing that women complain about that men don't care about is cellulite.
    Does it matter whether men care about it? I care about it.

ReputationRep:
    Came across a few things that you may want to try out - they are pretty expensive but if you're really as bothered about it as you look then I think you might as well give these a try.

http://www.boots.com/en/Bliss-Fat-Girl-Slim-170g_49145/
    http://www.boots.com/en/Bliss-Fat-Gi...p-6oz_1049460/
    http://www.boots.com/en/Bliss-Fat-Gi...400ml_1106784/

The middle one looks to be made specifically for cellulite and sorry about the product name.

Upon reading the product info for the first one, apparently caffeine improves micro-circulation so you could that out too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.