Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does my bf love me like he says he does? Watch

I love him, alot. Alot, that it hurts that i cant talk to him much now, because hes at work again and again.
    The reason im posting this up is because, hes had this thing with a girl who i used to be friends withm, till i found out how she used guys. he said he didnt 'love' her (had a thing for about 3 months?), but had feelings..and she kinda led him to having sex :/ which he obviously had a choice to do, and was an idiot for doing so. but yeah, that hurts me everytime i think about it, but i've been with him for 13 and a half months now <3 he says he regrets what he had with her, and that she used him, as she said she didn't want to be in a relatinship wth him but still wanted to do stuff :/ idk. He doesnt liek me bringing it up, and he says i should forget about it as its his past, but i do think about it sometimes unwantingly.. i can see me talking about it hurts him too..

and would these factors indicat emy bf does actually love me as he says:

he crys everytime i leave and am going home :/ he finds it hard to be very emotional with me, but has cried a few times infront of me because he couldnt contain himself.

he says he's never felt the way he does about me before with anyone, even his first gf who he loved

he waited till i was comfortable to kiss him, have sex with him- he waited 11 months till i was ready <3

he's scared i'm going to leave him

i'm kinda drowsy atm, so cant type much, but from what i've said- does he really love me?

I'm annoying, moody, *****y and he still sticks with me!

are you serious, my boy?

ReputationRep:
      Are you the "male" in this relationship? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      I don't know him, but from what you've said, it sounds like he loves you.

But you need to forget about the girl he was with before you. He's right, it was hia past, and it's nothing to do with you. I don't get why it hurts you. He sounds like he's done everything right, and you need to stop being so insecure and realise it.

(Original post by haveyoumetmissjones)
      I don't know him, but from what you've said, it sounds like he loves you.

But you need to forget about the girl he was with before you. He's right, it was hia past, and it's nothing to do with you. I don't get why it hurts you. He sounds like he's done everything right, and you need to stop being so insecure and realise it.
      She was his first, i see her every day at school :/

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      She was his first, i see her every day at school :/
      So?

That doesn't mean he still wants her. It doesn't mean she means more to him than you. It doesn't mean anything at all in fact.

(Original post by haveyoumetmissjones)
      So?

That doesn't mean he still wants her. It doesn't mean she means more to him than you. It doesn't mean anything at all in fact.
      I guess, but just the htought of them being together in a bed, his bed..touching hurts me, makes me feel sick. Well the thought of any of his ex's makes me feel sick, he's my first proper bf, so i guess thats why :/

I guess, but just the htought of them being together in a bed, his bed..touching hurts me, makes me feel sick. Well the thought of any of his ex's makes me feel sick, he's my first proper bf, so i guess thats why :/
      And because i feel very protective over him and love him alot.

ReputationRep:
      Just let that go. It's not important any more, what's important is your relationship with him now. You're only going to make yourself unhappy if you continue thinking about it. Once you realize that, I think you can feel much more secure.

ReputationRep:
      Pointless thread is pointless. Seriously, what do you want?

ReputationRep:
      I suppose I can see where you're coming from, but you've got to realise that there's nothing that will change that. And you're letting it affect your relationship when it really shouldn't.

ReputationRep:
      How old are you? 13?
      • TSR Support Team

If he did all this before he got with you stop worrying he is with you now, if you keep worrying about it, it is going to drive him away from you.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
      If he did all this before he got with you stop worrying he is with you now, if you keep worrying about it, it is going to drive him away from you.
      he doesnt know it still sometimes hurts me. and, lol..i dont get enough attention from him as he works too much to pay his debts and that is enough for a girl to leave a guy! but, i obviously won't.
      • TSR Support Team

he doesnt know it still sometimes hurts me. and, lol..i dont get enough attention from him as he works too much to pay his debts and that is enough for a girl to leave a guy! but, i obviously won't.
      If it's happened before you and him got together you need to get over it seriously. Also think you need to appreciate he is going out with you because he wants you.

ReputationRep:
      How are we supposed to know your boyfriend's true feelings for you?
      We don't know him, other than as an abstract concept put to us on an internet forum. Even if we did, we wouldn't have the fainest notion of what precisely is going on in his innermost thoughts.

You, however, are personally acquainted with him, and therefore stand a far, far better chance of getting an accurate answer to your own question. Unfortunately, nobody else can make that judgement for you; you'll just have to talk to him.

ReputationRep:
      It sounds like you are a horribly insecure jealous cow. I'm surprised he doesnt leave you.

ReputationRep:
      I mean,HOW DARE HE take care of his responsibilities and have a life before you :rolleyes:

I suggest that

- you stop being a ***** to him
      - stop bringing his past (Which is NONE of your business) up

jesus !! suprised he hasn't dumped you
      • TSR Support Team

(Original post by aws)
      I mean,HOW DARE HE take care of his responsibilities and have a life before you :rolleyes:

I suggest that

- you stop being a ***** to him
      - stop bringing his past (Which is NONE of your business) up

jesus !! suprised he hasn't dumped you
      This is very well put, I had an ex who was jealous and always bringing up my past, forgetting I was actually with her instead of the past, hence why she ended up being an ex.

ReputationRep:
      the question is, every time i have a bash do i cry?

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.