Dorky guys vs dorky girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    Girls, what do you think of dorky men who look like this:-

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...1yMz32TPdR1uDA

Guys, what do you think of dorky girls?

Who here would date a 'nerd'?

ReputationRep:
    NOBODY would date a bloke like that.. look at him for godsake
    I guess you could call me a nerdy girl, even though I dont look it. I do animation and am one of 3 girls in a course of 30 boys. Thing is I also love shopping and makeup and clothes... i dont know what i am lol

ReputationRep:
    As far as i can tell. "Dorky" guys who look like that are VERY rare. Many nerds, geeks, dorks, whatever. Look like your average Joe.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how you define "dorky"...I guess you could use JD from Scrubs as an example seeing as Turk calls him a dork in one/several (I can't remember) of the episodes.
    In which case, a female version of JD would be sexcellent :gah:

ReputationRep:
    It depends tbh. If they had acne, then no. :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klipsan)
    NOBODY would date a bloke like that.. look at him for godsake
    I guess you could call me a nerdy girl, even though I dont look it. I do animation and am one of 3 girls in a course of 30 boys. Thing is I also love shopping and makeup and clothes... i dont know what i am lol
    Shallow?

ReputationRep:
    I love dorks. I'm somewhat of a dork myself so I have something in common with them straight away. Lol. Gimme someone who I can have a conversation about coding, computer games and comic books any day.

But not dorks that look like the one in the OP Bit far, even for me.

ReputationRep:
    Dorky? 'Dork' implies to me someone who is weird, has strange obsession, a social outcast... no, not something I would find attractive in a girl.

I find intelligent girls attractive, not necessarily intelligent in the way that makes them a know it all freak of nature, but an intelligent sense of humour, intelligent views, and intelligent outlook on life.

I think geeky traits in girls are quite cute, not obsessive D&D player, but interest in video games, sci-fi etc., but whatever 'dorky' implies to me isn't attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Dorky girls that understand computers and gaming, sure why not!
    http://bit.ly/hLa0il

I'll take the computer, you can keep the guy

ReputationRep:
    i think moast dorky girls are just a different kind of attention seeker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Shallow?
    LOL why, because I consider a persons appearance when looking for a guy? Would you tap this?? http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attac...ugly_girl2.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Haha nerds are 'cute'. Bit in all honestly I couldn't date one as I like my men to be mature, worldwise and intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenorivers)
    Dorky =/= nerdy =/= geeky.

People say I'm a geek but people get so sensitive about the term I don't like to use it.. I'm with a guy (2 years) who likes gaming, sci fi literature, dinosaurs, star wars etc etc.. but so do I so it's a -we have this in common- thing. (except dinosaurs I mean I like them but I don't like... know stuff about them)
    Dorky girls=Girls who post on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Is that a boy or a girl?

ReputationRep:
    Is a dork a specific type of geek? Or a synonym?

I always think of a "dork" as someone who utterly fails at social situations and makes zero effort with their appearance... that's not attractive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    I love dorks. I'm somewhat of a dork myself so I have something in common with them straight away. Lol. Gimme someone who I can have a conversation about coding, computer games and comic books any day.

But not dorks that look like the one in the OP Bit far, even for me.
    I'm a dork, we can chat HTML and all that malarky if you want :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Straighten that hair & wack a bit of makeup on there is potential for that thing to be rated at least 5/10

ReputationRep:
    Geek. Not a dork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinFish)
    I'm a dork, we can chat HTML and all that malarky if you want :sexface:
    Oh yeah baby Talk binary to me. Lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.