Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my former school's prizegiving evening coming up in January - RSVPs must be returned by the 13th of Dec. This is to present us with A Level certificates. On the RSVP is a section asking for which University you are now studying at, or what we are doing with ourselves.

Well, I am unemployed and on the dole, looking for work to pay for distance learning A Levels so I have a chance of getting into University and am literally doing nothing else. What can I write on mine?!

I'm certainly no telling the brutally embarassing and cringe-inducing truth, so can you suggest some white lies or an embellishment of the truth to portray me in a more successful and positive light?

ReputationRep:
    You could just not attend. I never went to mine, I don't think it matters to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Simply, 'Gap year'.

Hides a multitide of sins

ReputationRep:
    just don't go

ReputationRep:
    Don't go. No one listens or cares anyway. I speak from experience

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.