Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Operation put on some serious mother fudging timber Watch

ReputationRep:
    Right, this year has been a bit cak in terms of injuries and what not.

For the next three to four months I will be performing more of a powerbuilding routine which will involve more assistance designed to gain some mass.

Workouts will be simple, brutal and still primarily based around Strength/Power forcusing on some weaker areas for me.

The structure will be something like this - this is nothing more than my own concoction.

Now the volume is quite high, bit i train fast, no workout will take more than 90mins

Monday - Overhead/Delts and Triceps
    1 - Heavy Press - Push Press, Strict Press, Log Press, Axle Press 1-5 reps over several sets
    2 - Moderate Press - As above inc DBs etc - 8 - 12 over 4 sets
    3 - Side Lateral stuff
    4 - Rear Lateral Stuff
    5 - Heavy Press - Close Grip, Skull Crusher- 3-6 reps
    6 - Moderate Press - As above in pressdowns - 8- 12 over 4 sets
    7 - Lighter Press - 12s over 3-4 sets
    8 - Rotor Cuff stuff

Tuesday - Olympic Fun

1 - Power Snatch
    2 - Overhead Squats - I can't do these yet so this is like the bar and balance
    3 - Split Jerks - I have a tendancy to press them out - which when my delts and tris are fooked I won't be able too!!!!

Wednesday - Legs and Deadlifts

1 - Squats - 3-5 reps 5 working sets
    2 - More Squats 8-10 reps 3 sets
    3 - Trap Bar Deadlift/Deficit Deadlift 3-5 reps 5 working sets
    4 - Leg Press 10s 4 sets
    5 - Hammies - Stiff Legs or Leg Curl (I used to actually deadlift romanian stlye so I don't see the point in dojng these when I can pull 300kg that way)
    6 - Calf Stuff
    7 - Calf Stuff 2
    8 - Heavy Rope Crunches 6 sets (2 front 2 each side as taught to us by the Bullfarm)

Thursday - Chesticle

1 - Bench Press 3-5 3-5 sets
    2 - Bench Press 2 8-10 3 sets
    3 - Inc DB 8-12 4 sets
    4 - Dips 8-10 4 sets
    5 - Flye 10-12 4 sets

Friday - Upper Back, Broceps and funtime

1 - Heavy Row - 8-10 4 sets
    2 - Heavy Pull Up 6-8 4 sets
    3 - Vertial Style Row 8-10 4 sets
    4 - Partial Deadlift/Power Shrugs - Heavy Stuff, probably 1-3 reps 300kg plus
    5 - Curl 1
    6 - Curl 2
    7 - Front Squats 3-5 sets 3-5 reps
    8 - More Fronties 8 reps 2 sets

Saturday - Play Rugby

Sunday - Furious Masturbation

Diet will be lots and lots of food, something akin to this

Meal 1 6 am- 200g oats, Protien & full fat milk

Snack 1 - On way to work 7 am- McDonals Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin meal

Meal 2 Same as meal 1 with added peanut butter and a couple of pices of fruit

Meal 3 - 250g meat, 250g pasta/rice probably in curry/pasta sauce with onions/mushrooms etc thrown in

Meal 4 - Same as 2

Pre workout - Fruit, pre workout energy thing

Post Workout - Lots of sugar, lots of whey

Dinner - Similar to Meal 3

Snack 2 - 4 rounds of cheese on toast

Suppliments

Gear - nothing for a bit, then onto Test, Deca and A-bombs

Other - Pepties to increase appetite (very soon probably), Possibly Insulin

"Legals" - The usualy, vits, protiens and what not.

Current weight is 115kgs with abs which is just silly, playing rugby again has really stripped some fat so time for some bulk baby.

And I probably wont update this day by day but will try to monitor once a week or so to post updates and possibly pics if I can be arsed to care.

Why am I awake at this time - god damn HCG shot too late at night = Matt being awake!!!

ReputationRep:
    **** me! You'll be on the Atlas stones in no time.

ReputationRep:
    Subbed. Only 115, lightweight baby.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see an experienced lifter giving out advice on the forums. Keep up the good work, will be keeping up with this blog.

ReputationRep:
    An important update I feel

ReputationRep:
    Doing some benching tonight, first time since I tore my pec so should be interesting.

I doubt there will be many 3 rep power sets tonight, probably more slow reps.

Also gotta train broceps and not looking forward to it, I feel the need to state here I am no homo and like to sex wee over ladies.

the third pic up from bottom looks exactly like a girl who oly lifts from my gym, not her though lol

ReputationRep:
      Good luck benching tonight. Who you playing rugby for nowadays? Still at prop i assume?

ReputationRep:
      Well benching was homo

did 100 x 10, 120 x 5, 140 x 5 which was uber easy so went 160, first rep flew, second pinned me with my chest twitching on the side I tore it - homo homo homo.

Seeing physio next week so we shall see, x-mas rest and probably no more bench till after x-mas would be wise

ReputationRep:
      How did you tear it? Heavy deadlift?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cowsforsale)
      How did you tear it? Heavy deadlift?
      It went on the bench before on 130kgs, the damage could have been done from anything though as i fook around with strongman and stuff too.

Stupid thing is I recently stuck 140 x 3 overhead and it seems little more than this is killing my chest - conclusion: bench press is gay and it all about overhead pressing!

ReputationRep:
      Well can't press anything at the moment, got one seriously purple arm.

So mucked around and did

Deadlift 260 x 5 x 2 sets
      Front Squats 160 x 5 x 2 sets
      Arms stuff

So its gonna be squats and deadlifts of all varieties from here on in for a good 6 weeks by the look of it

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MattGriff)
      Doing some benching tonight, first time since I tore my pec so should be interesting.

I doubt there will be many 3 rep power sets tonight, probably more slow reps.

Also gotta train broceps and not looking forward to it, I feel the need to state here I am no homo and like to sex wee over ladies.
      Do you train biceps mainly to prevent injury occuring during the lifts? I've heard bicep tears can be quite common.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by C-BRO)
      Do you train biceps mainly to prevent injury occuring during the lifts? I've heard bicep tears can be quite common.
      I didn't when I was just powerlfiting, I do now I do strongman as I noted twinges etc on stones and log training.

Tends to be simple stuff, barbell curls in the 5-8 rep range and cross body hammer curls.
      Don't really bother with the real isolation shaping stuff as I get bored to esily doing broceps.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MattGriff)
      I didn't when I was just powerlfiting, I do now I do strongman as I noted twinges etc on stones and log training.

Tends to be simple stuff, barbell curls in the 5-8 rep range and cross body hammer curls.
      Don't really bother with the real isolation shaping stuff as I get bored to esily doing broceps.
      I agree. I haven't worked them in ages and when I do, it's boring and I feel like a right fag. I obviously aren't lifting the amount you are to back up the fact that I am not a fag.

ReputationRep:
      Hard training tonight, couldn't hold lots of weight on my back due to my chest so did what I could.

Oly Squats

65 x 10
      105 x 10
      145 x 5
      185 x 5 x 5
      145 x 10 x 3 - just to keep the other guys company and squats are awesome.

Brodie Marshall 15years old and 75kg hit a 230kg power squat in wraps and a belt - strong

Jake Marshall 20 years old 100kg nailed a 300kg squat in loose single ply briefs and wraps

Lee Marshall tripled 300 with just a belt - cause he is a beast

Trap Bar Beadlifts (in oly shoes)

107 x 5
      187 x 5
      227 x 5
      267 x 5

Wow, these seriously work the quads! Def gonna help improve my back dominant deadlift.

Leg Press

240 x 10
      320 x 10
      400 x 10
      480 x 10

Leg Curl just a few ligth sets

Few light sets of calves

Standing rope crunches

All my training was done betless as I can be arsed to wear a belt anymore while in the off season and I'm only gonna bother for max lifts in comp.

For some reason I have got bigger after coming off gear - I attribute this to a sort of rest week after comp and coming off tren.

Feeling strong (aside pressing)

ReputationRep:
      ...15 year old squatting 230kg, seriously?!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Khanage)
      ...15 year old squatting 230kg, seriously?!
      Yup some strong guys in our gym

ReputationRep:
      Brodie is one for the future providing he stays injury free.
      Sorry to read about the chest trouble. Competition plans for 2011?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Herr Stamper)
      Brodie is one for the future providing he stays injury free.
      Sorry to read about the chest trouble. Competition plans for 2011?
      He is GPC World Champion and won young sports personality of the year in the Midlands region.

Possibly doing raw show in March - may be with token bench

Midlands strongest man - aim to qualify for Englands

Englands strongest man - see what happens

Will probably do a couple of single lift competitions too.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.