Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Having a very tough time at sixth form. Watch

please HELP.

Ok well ill start here, the last few years i have been at a rough inner city school, i got bullied pretty badly and skipped school alot out of fear. It was terrible time of my life and my grades suffurded because of it. Once i finished my gcses i left and went to a good school with a great reputation, i thought it would be a new start for me and the first week or two went well but it had gradually gone down hill . People have started to make rumours about me and have started to target me and bully me, they have been talking about me behind my back and i really dont know what to do. Some people have even threatend to "**** me up" and have almost done so, i dont know whagt i did they just almost beat me up. Along with this i have payed for a sports tour that starts in three months and one of the few nice people told me they heard a load of the guys saying they were going to make my life a living hell for the three weeks we are their. i cant not go now as everything is booked . My mother was made redundant and has saved alot to let me go and now they are doing this and may well ruin it for me. I dont know what i have done to them but they obv hate me. I need good grades but i have not been able to get any revision done, i have been really depressed and have been getting terible grades so far this term. i have very big AS exams coming up and have not taken anything in this term. I have a month left of holidays to revise but i think i am going to fail. Most of the people their have made me very paranoid and i dont know who to trust, i am now in fear of school and i have missed quite alot. I cant tell anyone and i dont know what to do, please help

bump

ReputationRep:
    You must have pissed them off somehow, or made some unforgivable faux pas like not showering for a week, for normal people to act like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    You must have pissed them off somehow, or made some unforgivable faux pas like not showering for a week, for normal people to act like that.
    'Normal' people wouldn't threaten to '**** someone up' for not showering for a week

ReputationRep:
    Does your school have a counsellor or do you get on with a teacher particularly well? If so, make an appointment to see them and tell them all this. At least then they can look out for you, yet you haven't 'snitched' or anything like that? Are you sure that there is nothing you have accidently said or done that might have caused annoyance? Something this big shouldn't come about for no reason - not that it's the answer for any such thing anyway! I would confide in someone at the school, just so they can keep an eye on things. Join some clubs as well so you can make new friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    please HELP.

Ok well ill start here, the last few years i have been at a rough inner city school, i got bullied pretty badly and skipped school alot out of fear. It was terrible time of my life and my grades suffurded because of it. Once i finished my gcses i left and went to a good school with a great reputation, i thought it would be a new start for me and the first week or two went well but it had gradually gone down hill . People have started to make rumours about me and have started to target me and bully me, they have been talking about me behind my back and i really dont know what to do. Some people have even threatend to "**** me up" and have almost done so, i dont know whagt i did they just almost beat me up. Along with this i have payed for a sports tour that starts in three months and one of the few nice people told me they heard a load of the guys saying they were going to make my life a living hell for the three weeks we are their. i cant not go now as everything is booked . My mother was made redundant and has saved alot to let me go and now they are doing this and may well ruin it for me. I dont know what i have done to them but they obv hate me. I need good grades but i have not been able to get any revision done, i have been really depressed and have been getting terible grades so far this term. i have very big AS exams coming up and have not taken anything in this term. I have a month left of holidays to revise but i think i am going to fail. Most of the people their have made me very paranoid and i dont know who to trust, i am now in fear of school and i have missed quite alot. I cant tell anyone and i dont know what to do, please help
    Is your new school full of posh kids? They probably feel intimidated because you went to a rough school and so are ganging up so that you don't attack them first and to show you who's boss. It's like the animal kingdom. They are the alpha males and don't want outsiders in their territory. If it isn't this then it'll be because you come from a well less off background and the popular kids always want someone to pick on, so chose you unfortunately. Some people really are a disgrace to humanity.

ReputationRep:
    That's all pretty screwed up.

Go talk to:
    a) your GP
    b) your head teacher.

It the only way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.