Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me sort my brows out! :( Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://img43.imageshack.us/i/photo894b.jpg/

Please excuse the plastic doll like pose. Essentially im concerned my eyebrows are too thin and harsh.....what can I use to fill them out a bit? A lot of the pencils I use are waxy and look stupidly fake, like Ive got a marker pen and scribbled them on.

BUT if the pencil isnt dark enough then you can see where i have hair and where i dont, so it looks silly.

MAC used to do a brow powder that worked perfectly with their angled brow brush, but theyve since stopped making it.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    They aren't too thin at all, unless the photo is when you've filled them in?

ReputationRep:
    Use a brow pencil slightly lighter than the hair colour.
    Also, less is more, just brush it against it so it leaves a light mark. It you try and colour your eyebrows in then it tends to look like the whole eyebrow is drawn on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    They aren't too thin at all, unless the photo is when you've filled them in?
    No thats how they are

I just wondered if they look hash because my hair is black, they arent really thick and are naturally stupidly high arched.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I don't know how to help but I just thought I'd tell you that you've got great plump lips. :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    This'll sound weird, but your eyebrows are really fashionable

ReputationRep:
    me.. me... megan fox! omgsh! :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    No thats how they are

I just wondered if they look hash because my hair is black, they arent really thick and are naturally stupidly high arched.
    They are quite harsh, but I think that if you made them any thicker then they would looker harsher because of the high arches. Maybe try drawing in a bit more of a curve and see how that looks? I do agree with another poster that they do look pretty fashionable as they are though

ReputationRep:
    lol stop drawing them on, it looks like you used a crayon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    me.. me... megan fox! omgsh! :sexface:
    This is exactly what I thought :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing a duckface on your picture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    Are you doing a duckface on your picture?
    :rolleyes:

I did apologise for the pose in the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    ffs exactly what I was going to say :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

I dont really have a choice, when I had them shaped she took like literally half of the damn things off...i look eyebrowless if i dont put something on.

Thats the whole point of this thread, because what Im using isnt appropriate....as shown by the picture, hence Im asking for options until they grow back :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I dont really have a choice, when I had them shaped she took like literally half of the damn things off...i look eyebrowless if i dont put something on.

Thats the whole point of this thread, because what Im using isnt appropriate....as shown by the picture, hence Im asking for options until they grow back :sad:
    Cover them with a fringe.

ReputationRep:

Do nothing, you have too choices, leave them as is, or draw them on

k?

post a pic with you not using a pencil on them

ReputationRep:
    :jiggy::perv:

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I have eyebrows like yours..! Count yourself lucky because a lot of people wish for arched eyebrows and unless it's natural, it's extremely hard to shape into.

I too find using an eyebrow pencil very thick and crayon-like so I'd steer away from that unless you're going for the Jordan look.. I tend to "tint" mine every couple weeks and fill the gaps with a angled brush and black/dark brown EYE SHADOW.. It's a lot more natural =) x

ReputationRep:
    jesus you look scary

just don't fill them in as much obviously, anything'll look better than it being like you've painted them on.

ReputationRep:
    Hey hun, do you have a picture of your eyebrows as they are naturally, pre-crayon? It'd help see what they look like without any makeup, so I know which would be the best product to use.

I personally just tint mine with a black brow tint. I have similar eyebrows, but don't pencil them in, or they tend to look unnatural.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.