Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do somebody know how I can get info about studies in Canada? Thnx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know that you can apply to Ontario Universities via the OUAC (which is similar to UCAS) and you just apply with your A Levels. The min number of courses/unis that you apply for is 3 but then you can pay more and apply to more places. Also, if you are an international applicant you will be given, along with your offer, an scholarships to help you financially.
    Good luck and tell me if you need any other help

(Original post by areyousure?)
      Hi, I know that you can apply to Ontario Universities via the OUAC (which is similar to UCAS) and you just apply with your A Levels. The min number of courses/unis that you apply for is 3 but then you can pay more and apply to more places. Also, if you are an international applicant you will be given, along with your offer, an scholarships to help you financially.
      Good luck and tell me if you need any other help
      Thanks, I never knew about that. :top:

Do you know what sort of A levels Queen's University and the University of Toronto would require?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
      Thanks, I never knew about that. :top:

Do you know what sort of A levels Queen's University and the University of Toronto would require?
      I am very sorry but I don't know about Queen's. I did talk to the Manager of International Recruitment of UofT to apply for a Life Sciences programme and she didn't specify any kind of A Levels she just said that they were needed at grade B or above. I wanted to apply with Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths and those seemed to be okay for the life science course but then they were also good for an anthropology course that I had a look at.

For example, for the Physical/Mathematical/Chemical Sciences programs they require 3 A Levels and 2 of them must be traditional ones, this excludes General Studies and Applied A Levels.

Traditional academic subjects include all languages, Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Classics, Computer Science, Economics, English, Geography, Geology, Government and Politics, History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Religious Studies and Statistics.

I think you should have a look at this http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/adm-award...issions.action that will tell you what sort of A Levels you should have.

I am very sorry that I am no help with Queen's.

I hope that was what you wanted.

ReputationRep:
      i want to apply for environment and biology at university of toronto but cant understand which courses to apply to in the first year, cud anyone plz help me with this?

ReputationRep:
      I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Just some general information- Queen's will be more difficult to get into than UofT, although the cachet of both universities (in Canada at least) is similar.

Toronto will be extremely competitive (think cutthroat) when you get in, especially for what you're interested in.
      It's important to understand you'll also need to make a college choice. Trinity @ UofT is the most competitive, but also the most prestigious.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.