Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My 60GB BC launch PS3 got YLOD last night while playing ****y black ops, i guess its what get for forcing my PS3 to suffer. Why the **** did it have to happen at xmas.. I cant get the disc out as you cant do a fan test on a 60GB,so how you get it out? Also, where is the cheapest slim deal, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    So ummm yea, thanks for the responses..

Managed to safe the disc by operating on the 60GB. The BR drive it self is built like a prison, so much **** around it with the tiniest screws in the world. just demolished the thing to get disc back. Got 320GB Slim for 265GBP
    Update all tho im sure you all dont give a crap lol. Managed to safe the disc by operating on the 60GB. The BR drive it self is built like a prison, so much **** around it with the tiniest screws in the world. just demolished the thing to get disc back. Got 320GB Slim for 265GBP, just updating the FW.

ReputationRep:
    no more COD for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakapaka)
    So ummm yea, thanks for the responses..

Managed to safe the disc by operating on the 60GB. The BR drive it self is built like a prison, so much **** around it with the tiniest screws in the world. just demolished the thing to get disc back. Got 320GB Slim for 265GBP
    Update all tho im sure you all dont give a crap lol. Managed to safe the disc by operating on the 60GB. The BR drive it self is built like a prison, so much **** around it with the tiniest screws in the world. just demolished the thing to get disc back. Got 320GB Slim for 265GBP, just updating the FW.
    err, so you were inside the ps3 yet you didnt even try to fix it

All you needed to do was to carefully disassemble the ps3, then clean (with isopropanol) , and heat (with a heatgun set at 350 degrees) the heat sync plates in the core of the system to reflow the cracked 'Ylod causing' solder. This is an extremely well known fix.

Heatgun = £5-10 , Isopropanol = £2, Heatsync Paste = £3
    Total = £10-£15.
    YLOD Gone. Ps3 fixed. £265 saved.

But you decided to 'demolish the thing' just to get your stupid disk back?

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of shops that repair YLOD. You send it to them by Royal Mail, they send it back in 3 days at a cost of like 30-40quid. There are lots of shops offering this service; managed to get my YLOD fixed this way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.