Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

Can anyone tell me what life at LMJU is really like?

I have been offered a conditional for animal behaviour and i am struggling to decide between LMJU and nottingham trent...

Any insight into life at either would be really helpful!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janneee)
    Hi there

I have been offered a conditional for animal behaviour and i am struggling to decide between LMJU and nottingham trent...

Thanks

I don't go to JMU but I live in Liverpool and it's pretty great here, the night life is amazing there's something for everyone and so many places to go. I have friends that go there and they're having an amazing time. I love it here! If you go to an applicant open day you'll probably get a better feel for the type of students there and what the city is like as well

I heard John Moores is a right laugh. Funny feller.

ReputationRep:
      Hi there

Thanks
      Kind of late to the party but...

LJMU is alright. That's really all the praise it's going to get from me at this moment in time.
      I'm first year, doing a science course - basically, if you're doing anything earth-sciencey then all the courses get lumped together for a lot of stuff. For example, at least twice a week I'm doing stuff with the animal behavior people, plus the geographers who outnumber us something fierce. There's a lot of resentment about how much of what we do doesn't apply to our course AT ALL (I'm doing forensic science, so why I need to know how to measure a slope is a mystery to me), and it's the same for those doing animal behaviour.

Other than that though, it's not a bad place to be. The shopping is ace

ReputationRep:
      Hi there

Thanks
      I like it here and I'm so glad I came here
      The nightlife is really good, although my friends always tend to go out to the same places so I get a bit bored of it lol. But yeah life is good here.
      My friend does Animal Behaviour and she seems to like it.

The shopping is amazing too and halls are so close to town which I love.

The only annoying thing is that the Student Union is like miles away (okay like 1.4 miles or something) so we never go there for just a drink or anything, which I think if it was closer we'd spend more time there cause it's quite good when you do actually go, just need to make the effort nearer the start of term I think then people will get used to it. We never went so now if you suggest it everyones like nooo!

Yeah if you wanna know anything else just ask mee

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.