Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rock Music Watch

ReputationRep:
    I love rock music recently. It is so high.
    But I didn't know many rock bands.
    I want to listen a lot of music.
    Can anyone recommend me some rock music?
    Thanks so muck.
    ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The Beatles
    The Rolling Stones
    The Who
    The Velvet Underground
    Led Zeppelin
    Black Sabbath
    The Doors
    Jefferson Airplane
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    David Bowie
    Pink Floyd
    The Stooges
    Bruce Springsteen
    Pixies
    The Smiths
    The Cure
    REM
    Interpol
    The xx
    Pulp
    Pavement
    Neutral Milk Hotel
    The Stone Roses
    Oasis
    Radiohead
    Kasabian
    Doves
    The Verve
    I Am Kloot
    Modest Mouse
    Arcade Fire
    The Libertines

ReputationRep:
    I'm more into the classic rock and metal. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, Queen, Guns "n" roses, The Beatles (Who can be considered as rock), Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, AC/DC, Metalica, (Although Thrash metal can be a bit heavy if your only starting to listen to rock. ) The Who, Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship, The Clash, The Sex Pistols David Bowie, The Rolling Stones etc... I like modern rock too like the Foo Fighters but I'd say you'd get a lot more enjoyment out of the classic stuff. If I were you I'd start listening to Queen and The Beatles as they are a great starting point for anyone who wants to get into Rock and metal music.

Hope you enjoy them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Devil)
    I'm more into the classic rock and metal. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, Queen, Guns "n" roses, The Beatles (Who can be considered as rock), Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, AC/DC, Metalica, (Although Thrash metal can be a bit heavy if your only starting to listen to rock. ) The Who, Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship, The Clash, The Sex Pistols David Bowie, The Rolling Stones etc... I like modern rock too like the Foo Fighters but I'd say you'd get a lot more enjoyment out of the classic stuff. If I were you I'd start listening to Queen and The Beatles as they are a great starting point for anyone who wants to get into Rock and metal music.

Hope you enjoy them
    really? sorry I don't meant to be ignorant. but I fail to see how the Beatles are a 'starting point' for metal and rock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    really? sorry I don't meant to be ignorant. but I fail to see how the Beatles are a 'starting point' for metal and rock
    well it makes sense, considering they were ****ing pioneers

ReputationRep:
    White Lies. Just listen to them! There is a lot of good rock bands out there, but right now, I am obsessed with White Lies (and have been so, for the last 2 years).

ReputationRep:
    Well. The Beatles are considered to be rock as well as pop. Some songs such as "All you need is love", "Hey Jude", "The Ballad of John and Oko" for example.

My dad got me into The Beatles and the rock/pop bands that I listen to now. I recommended "The Beatles" as a starting point so that it's not too Heavy for the OP. We all have to start somewhere musically.

ReputationRep:
    Gaslight Anthem :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Well. The Beatles are considered to be rock as well as pop. Some songs such as "All you need is love", "Hey Jude", "The Ballad of John and Oko" for example.

My dad got me into The Beatles and the rock/pop bands that I listen to now. I recommended "The Beatles" as a starting point so that it's not too Heavy for the OP. We all have to start somewhere musically.
    Wow. I am impressed. That was such a very, very polite and patient answer.

ReputationRep:

thanks for the polite response, unlike the twit a bit above you
    I never really saw the appeal of the Beatles, but I may take a listen if my eardrums need a little rest from the strains of metal

(Original post by Potiron)
    Wow. I am impressed. That was such a very, very polite and patient answer.
    I agree, I didn't mean to sound ignorant by offending the Beatles, I am well aware that they are one of the most celebrated group of musicians ever to have lived I just never really saw them as fitting into the rock genre. apologies!

ReputationRep:
    LOL @ Muse being shocking and Lost Prophets being good rock.

ReputationRep:
    The xx, a rock band?

More Indie ishy :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Genesis

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I didn't mean to sound ignorant by offending the Beatles, I am well aware that they are one of the most celebrated group of musicians ever to have lived I just never really saw them as fitting into the rock genre. apologies!
    Meh, I wasn't offended, just amused. Silly thing to get offended about, I'm not an uberfan. And I doubt Paul and Ringo even noticed. Unless you're actually Heather Mills and that's why you fell out?

ReputationRep:
    If you want to get to grips with the fundamentals of the rock world, the best thing to do is to pick a good rock station and listen to it for a bit, preferably at different hours of the day as they tend to be more mainstream during daytime/drivetime and more quirky in the evenings/night-time. I personally like Kerrang! but I guess that's partly because they're based in the West Mids (like me) so it's more personal/relevant to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    Meh, I wasn't offended, just amused. Silly thing to get offended about, I'm not an uberfan. And I doubt Paul and Ringo even noticed. Unless you're actually Heather Mills and that's why you fell out?
    haha nope definitely not Heather Mills
    I've deleted my post, before I get any more stick for dissing Muse/U2 lol. it is only my opinion, I don't get why some people get so *****y about it, hmpf.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by 7.Lillian)
    I love rock music recently. It is so high.
    But I didn't know many rock bands.
    I want to listen a lot of music.
    Can anyone recommend me some rock music?
    Thanks so muck.
    ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's some you could try

Guns N Roses
    Bon Jovi
    Aerosmith
    Alice Cooper
    Meat Loaf
    Metallica
    Green Day
    Feeder
    Def Leppard
    Iron Maiden
    Alter Bridge
    Creed
    30 Seconds To Mars
    Muse
    Queen
    Foo Fighters
    Nickelback
    White Lies
    AC/DC
    Hard-Fi
    Artic Monkeys
    Kings Of Leon
    The Calling
    Matchbox 20
    Snow Patrol
    The Offspring
    Van Halen
    Whitesnake
    Pearl Jam
    Duran Duran
    Ocean Colour Scene
    Black Sabbath
    Thunder
    Elliot Minor
    Simple Plan
    The Wildhearts
    Boston
    Bruce Springsteen
    Thin Lizzy
    The Scorpians
    Kiss
    Skid Row
    Nightwish
    Lacuna Coil
    Within Temptation
    Prime Circle
    Seether
    Fall Out Boy
    Saliva
    Deep Purple
    Puddle Of Mudd
    Daughtry
    Evanescence
    The Who
    The Kinks
    Marllion
    Kaiser Chiefs
    The Rasmus
    U2
    Maroon 5
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Poison
    Travis
    Savage Garden
    All American Rejects
    Bowling For Soup
    Heart
    Jimmy Eat World
    Blink182
    ZZ Top
    Status Quo

That's pretty much been on my playlist for the past couple weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    The xx, a rock band?

More Indie ishy :dontknow:
    As much as I hate using 'indie' as a genre, I guess that is a sub-section of rock, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    The Beatles
    The Rolling Stones
    The Who
    The Velvet Underground
    Led Zeppelin
    Black Sabbath
    The Doors
    Jefferson Airplane
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    David Bowie
    Pink Floyd
    The Stooges
    Bruce Springsteen
    Pixies
    The Smiths
    The Cure
    REM
    Interpol
    The xx
    Pulp
    Pavement
    Neutral Milk Hotel
    The Stone Roses
    Oasis
    Radiohead
    Kasabian
    Doves
    The Verve
    I Am Kloot
    Modest Mouse
    Arcade Fire
    The Libertines
    Good list - but as it is easily done, the lines between rock and it's neighbours often gets blurred. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter...

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the polite response, unlike the twit a bit above you
    how was my post not polite? i said nothing to offend you :confused:

(Original post by channy)
    Good list - but as it is easily done, the lines between rock and it's neighbours often gets blurred. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter...

:yy:
    cheers which of those bands would you not consider rock?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.