Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The first thing that makes you realise it's Christmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Right. I thought it would be interesting to see what makes different people realise it is Christmas or nearly Christmas. For me, it has to be hearing Slade's "Merry Christmas Everybody" for the first time on the radio.

Discuss. (+ No trolls please! :awesome: )

ReputationRep:
    Coca Cola advert.

"Holidays are coming, holidays are coming."

ReputationRep:
    When the clock hits midnight on the night of Christmas Eve.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people are going to say the Coca Cola advert

As I'm no longer watching TV or listening to radio, it's probably the first time I hear a christmas song. Which this year was 30th November. We also put some christmas decorations up in the flat's kitchen, and since then I've tried to listen to a few christmas songs each day.

I love the happiness of christmas :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Hearing Wham's Last Christmas or Chris Rea's Driving Home for Christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK)
    Coca Cola advert.

"Holidays are coming, holidays are coming."
    This :yep:

I know it's only an advert for coke, but it used to get me so excited for christmas

ReputationRep:
    When you go into a store and and hear Slade, pure bliss.

Coca Cola advert is so predictable...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I don't really feel Christmassy until Santa empties his sack on me.

ReputationRep:
    the fat ****ing burglar who steals my biscuits and milk every year.

ReputationRep:
    Bare crap films on TV.

ReputationRep:
    Threads on TSR asking What the first thing is that makes me realise it's Christmas is.

ReputationRep:
    2/10 for Troll attempt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrundleThe...?)
    2/10 for Troll attempt.
    Be charitable now - 5/10 - it's Christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by York2010)
    Be charitable now - 5/10 - it's Christmas
    Ah go on then. Because it's Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    When there are an obscene amount of fragrence/perfume adverts on TV, then you know it's christmas

ReputationRep:
    I really do not know what a "Troll" is in the context of Forums.... The only Troll's I'm aware of are the type that live under the bridge in Billy Goats Gruff...

"Park" Christmas Catalogues are ALWAYS advertised round about June time... So that really is a premature reminder of Christmas... But i only accept that the time for the arrival of Father Christmas is when The Pogues - Fairytale of New York is played for the first time on the radio... Although i am yet to hear it...

The only time I've heard this song is when I went into Burton's Mens Store to request it on the Juke-Box-Music-Video thingy

ReputationRep:
    Coca cola Advert, love it.
    Also Christmas songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raz_Webster_MUFC)
    I really do not know what a "Troll" is in the context of Forums.... The only Troll's I'm aware of are the type that live under the bridge in Billy Goats Gruff...

"Park" Christmas Catalogues are ALWAYS advertised round about June time... So that really is a premature reminder of Christmas... But i only accept that the time for the arrival of Father Christmas is when The Pogues - Fairytale of New York is played for the first time on the radio... Although i am yet to hear it...

The only time I've heard this song is when I went into Burton's Mens Store to request it on the Juke-Box-Music-Video thingy
    A forum "troll" is somebody who is basicly taking the proverbial out of a said thread, or people to cause unrest and get a reaction of said people.

Also. Them adverts are rediculous. I'm sure i've seen them Park christmas catelogues advertised in January for the next christmas. Barmy.

ReputationRep:
    Once my tree goes up I know it's getting closer. Also when The Snowman is on tv, but usually it is on the week before christmas so it actually is close.

ReputationRep:
    The date.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.