Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

IFP and OSCE Exam for Diagnostic Radiography! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I'm a first year Diagnostic Radiography student at uni and i have my OSCE and written IFP exam next week.

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what it's like and the type of questions that come up. My first exam at uni and i'm a bit scared.

Any sort of help will be appreciated. Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    OSCE home is the complete and reliable source for the OSCE exam preparation worldwide. It is highly recommended for your success. The OSCE students are expected to be able to find any PE maneuvers on the checklist to show mature PE. They are not the checklist will be announced in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I used to study diagnostic radiography before switching to biomedical science.

My osce's were ok.

Most of it would be on a computer "click on the anatomy" style. Some of them we were given a bone and asked to identify different parts. In others we had a series of radiographs to identify pathology from. Know how to spot a pneumothorax, they loved that one at my old uni (cumbria - lancaster campus).

In the mock x-ray dont forget to introduce yourself - state you are a student - ask patient if they are comfortable with you doing it - if its a member of the opposite sex again ask if they are comfortable for you to do the procedure - give informed consent on the procedure. Make sure your positioning is spot on - repeat x-rays increase patient dose.

i did it in 2007/2008 so that all i can really remember. Hope it helps.

Just keep cool and think about what you are doing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.