The Student Room Group

speed camera flashed twice while being overtaken by police car

Hey guys.

Last night I was driving home from work and and a police car was coming up fast behind with lights but no sirens so I moved to the side and slowed to about 20 mph allowing it to overtake. Just as the car was overtaking a speed camera went off.

I assume as I'll not get a ticket for this? Just want to put my mind at ease.
Reply 1
The camera is positioned to take a picture of the car crossing the marked lines, so the police car should be firmly in the shot, so no ticket for you :smile:
I highly doubt you will get a ticket. If you were doing 20mph then you were well under the speed limit (im assuming the limit was 30/40). It would have flashed the police car not you.
You won't get a ticket automatically if a camera flashes, someone will verify your speed and number plate - it will be fine :smile:
The lines are there to calculate your speed so you will be fine. Just note down the time date and road and if you get anything through the police can check it on their computer system which will show where the car was and speed etc.

I went through a red light camera to let a fire engine through and I never even got a letter/ticket through.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending