Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls - Would you stay with someone who cheated on you? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you stay with someone who cheated on you?
    Yes
    7.50%
    No
    75.00%
    Maybe
    17.50%

ReputationRep:
    Not only cheated on you, but had a baby with that person. They still want to be with you however.

Poll added.

ReputationRep:
    Errr no.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do it even if there wasn't a baby involved. Don't know why some people insist on being doormats.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no!

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Never.
    Its happened to me twice and if imo, if they feel as though u arent enough for them that they have to be with someone else whilst theyre with u, theyre just not worth it =/
    ..no matter wat they say.

If they had a kid, that would just make things a hell of a lot more worse!1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)
    I'd do it even if there wasn't a baby involved. Don't know why some people insist on being doormats.
    Interesting. What are your reasons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Interesting. What are your reasons?
    I would just lose complete interest in that person. I'm not capable of lasting anger so I tend to find things boring instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)
    I would just lose complete interest in that person. I'm not capable of lasting anger so I tend to find things boring instead.
    Thought you meant you would stay with that person. Sorry. I'm tired and far too ill.

EDIT: How about if it was a one night stand? Surely that's different to someone consistently cheating?

ReputationRep:
    When I was much younger I cheated on a girl at the very early stage of our relationship (the only time I have and would NEVER again!) and she forgave me and we had a good relationship.

That said she never fully trusted me and when I asked if we could do long distance when I went to Uni she said no based on the cheating.

Some people can forgive but from my experience you will never have 100% trust ever.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much I loved them. If I thought they were the love of my life then I'd stay, not saying I wouldnt feel like **** most the time but maybe the feeling worthless thing would make me end up getting over them and then finally breaking up with them, but I wouldnt break up with them if I was still in love.

ReputationRep:
    Thought you meant you would stay with that person. Sorry. I'm tired and far too ill.

EDIT: How about if it was a one night stand? Surely that's different to someone consistently cheating?
    Of course it isn't. Cheating is cheating whether it was one night or a year. If they end up getting someone pregnant it means they didn't even care enough about you to use protection so could end up giving you anything. Cheaters are disgusting and should be removed from your life.

ReputationRep:

No problem.

And although I'd like to say it was different, it wouldn't be much of a difference unless they were ridiculously drunk or similar. Respect once lost is almost impossible to regain, even more so than trust.

ReputationRep:
    For those voting maybe, please do give your reasons. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :erm: I don't think I could ever forgive them... Mainly because when you're young (I'm 17) you shouldn't be spending time contemplating and worrying about one person breaking your trust again. Just find someone else who really will treat you right. Hopefully Not sure about everybody else but I only stay in a relationship for as long as it's enjoyable, and as soon as that ends through them hurting you like that, what's the point?

PS: In the OP's situation, that's farrr to complicated >_< especially to be involved in...

ReputationRep:
    I don't how I could, I just wouldn't be able to trust them any more.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    No, the trust would be gone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.