Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I went out last night to a club, and the cheapest drink was double vodka and Monster. After about 2 or so of these, I started feeling really ill.
    I noticed the monster looked like it was glowing, making it look like I was drinking something radioactive. :eek:
    I have a heart condition under investigation, and my boyfriend told me not to drink it as it'd be bad for me.

I'm confused, surely if it was harmful to people it'd say so on the label? Surely if there was a chance it'd have side effects that were evident there would be much more research behind energy drinks and what they actually do, especially when mixed with a stimulant such as vodka.

I'm trying to find out some info about it on the internet but it's all very hush-hushed, and what I have managed to find is just that energy drinks are banned in a lot of European countries, but it doesn't say why in too much detail, just that there's 'not enough evidence' to conclude either way (source: http://www.citynetmagazine.com/night...gy-drinks.html)

Does anybody know of any sources of energy drinks that give definite proof about the effects of it? Or has anyone been really affected themselves with side effects? Do people drink a lot of energy drinks in one day to be affected?

Just curious, thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.