Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What will you be doing this summer? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm having trouble deciding what to do this summer (I know it's ages away ).
    I'd like to work an internship, but I live in a really rural area with no businesses and it's unlikely that an internship would pay enough for me to live away from home.
    So I'm going into an unbelieveavbly competitive profession, and I can't really afford not to have experience, therefore I won't have a lot of time for working to earn money.
    Also I've got a few travel plans that I'd really like, so would having a job prevent me from being flexible with time?
    What travel/work/study plans do you guys have?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Personally I am going to teach sailing abroad, fun but also earn something, and don't have to pay for accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    same here actually. well hopefully anyway.
    who are u working for?
    u ever done it before?
    got an interview for sunsail in february. and waiting to hear back from a few others.
    Matt

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully work experience in publishing, I have a few places lined up.

Good luck with yours

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully visiting Ireland

ReputationRep:
    hopefully working at

http://www.harnas.org/

for 6 weeks, and then traveling around Africa for 3 or 4 more weeks! Parent said I can't take a gap year now due to the uni fee rises, but they said they'll fund me to go traveling this summer

ReputationRep:
    Medical work experience once i'm 16

So excited

ReputationRep:
    well this makes me feel like crap.
    I'm going on a girls holiday and a family holiday then working loads.

ReputationRep:
    Working for Home Fundraising! I work for them already lol but i started summer 2010, and working in the summer for charity is amazing basically get paid to run around the streets with your friend’s its great! Hated it when it snowed though :|

ReputationRep:
    i want to go on holiday but i doubt i will have funds probably unsucessful job hunting

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for an internship at a web marketing company on Friday, so hope I get it! Its unpaid, but I guess thats what my savings are for.

ReputationRep:
    Going to Kenya, to work at an orphanage, and then Turkey for a break - that is all I am looking forward to.

Oh also DofE Gold

ReputationRep:
    Working for minimum wage and improving my pectoral region.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, going to Canada =D

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing an internship in a french law firm during the may holidays, so I don't lose out on summer time. I will hopefully be travelling quite a bit, with friends and having as much fun as possible, enjoying my summer, so I get back to college ready to knuckle down.

ReputationRep:
    I have got much of information gathering to do and then I would like to visit the UK and go on a usual summer holiday to Greece.

ReputationRep:
    Working for In2Action in the sunshineeeeee!

ReputationRep:
    Building Aero engines. Starting 7am. Fun times.

Studying and relaxing.

ReputationRep:
      work, work, and oh yeah, work. maybe one week off for vacation, but the rest it's work.

i also might do some summer school stuff. i still haven't yet decided if i'll pick up a second job or not. if i did, i would be working...30 hours/week at my current job and at least another 25 hours/week at the second job plus two classes. i hope i don't end up killing myself...

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.