Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.eaec.org/bibleanswers/playing_cards.htm

My friend just showed me this insane article. I'm sure that the vast majority of people, if not everyone, will think it is ridiculous, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

The 'dirty deck' :rofl:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, I'm a Christian who is rather skilled at most card games! (Never challenge me to Bridge if you like winning!)
    Obviously I must be going to hell now...
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like christians to play cards. Since they're not supposed to lie, I'll gladly challenge them at a poker tournament.

ReputationRep:
    "hey Joshua, I put down the Jack of Jesus, pick up 5 cards"
    "For Christ's sake"

ReputationRep:
    Typical scaremongering/supersticious and mind controling crap the christians (not all) come up with.
    I remeber once in when i was in secondary, the school minister was there to tell us how tv is evil and we are being brainwashed and turned into sheep. Then after his rant he said let us all pray, and the whole asembly hall repeated his prayer in unison. IRONY!!!!!

BAHH BAHH

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao. Please bear in mind, all Christian websites on the internet are just pure crazy (I'm yet to find one I can take seriously).

ReputationRep:
    Yea. Pretty extreme article.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    "hey Joshua, I put down the Jack of Jesus, pick up 5 cards"
    "For Christ's sake"
    :facepalm2: fail lulz

But in regards to this thread, I guess I have been corrected. I shall proceed to burning any and all cards I can find, clearly it is my duty :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I thought this was going to be about them being a cover for gypsies who wanted to do tarot readings back in the day etc.

That article is retarded, it's stuff like this who make me sympathise with Muslims who get annoyed when the news only shows suicide bombing nutters and calls them an example of their religion.

ReputationRep:
    Some people see religious meaning in everything... Just because some prostitutes/criminals play cards doesn't mean the cards themselves are evil. They're printed pieces of paper ffs. You may as well say criminals use money so money is evil.

I never knew the cards were meant to show Jesus as spawn of the devil xD if you don't mind, i'm going to say he made that up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettDangerfield)
    http://www.eaec.org/bibleanswers/playing_cards.htm

My friend just showed me this insane article. I'm sure that the vast majority of people, if not everyone, will think it is ridiculous, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

The 'dirty deck' :rofl:
    If it's a christian themed card playing game. Doubting Thomas uses: Doubt. The Roman centuion has lost -7 belief in himself

Peter uses sword *cuts the roman centurion. It's super effective! - 5 health for the centurion

Jesus uses Heal. The centurion has returned to normal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.