Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pre-Med College Enrichment Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am currently studying AS maths, chemistry,physics, biology and music at college. I want to go to medical school after college. There is a 'Pre-med' enrichment course at my college but due to my busy timetable and unhelpful college staff i cannot attend it. How beneficial do you think courses like this at college are? Will it significantly decrease my chances of getting into medical school?
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack135)
    Hi, i am currently studying AS maths, chemistry,physics, biology and music at college. I want to go to medical school after college. There is a 'Pre-med' enrichment course at my college but due to my busy timetable and unhelpful college staff i cannot attend it. How beneficial do you think courses like this at college are? Will it significantly decrease my chances of getting into medical school?
    Thanks
    No, not at all. They will probably just tell you what you could find out from the various wiki pages here. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with Beska. The only people who I've seen said the course has been good are the ones who manage to either get drunk or laid on them. It's a waste of time and money! Volunteering will look much better for your application than those bogus courses.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly counterproductive to do it - things like that have the tendency to offer very bad advice - just use TSR

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, thanks for the advice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.