Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Undoubtedly a very good footballer - I hesitate to use the word 'great' - but quite possibly the worst manager in the history of Association Football.

http://sadsoccer.blogspot.com/

Can anyone disagree after reading that?

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty embarrassing

ReputationRep:
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe yeah, I bet he's just struggling to communicate with the players. The article doesn't mention the season he kept West Brom up when they had been bottom at Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    At what stage have Thailand ever been described as the Brazil of South East Asia? Unreadable

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how amazing that comment of 'Brazil of South East Asia' is :lolwut: It is beyond immense and there is absolutely no basis for that in myth let alone fact :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    Heh, it's embarrassing for him but I still respect him for trying his luck abroad. Too many British managers stay in their comfort zones. The learning curve is steep but if you stick it out you can learn a lot more than you would by staying in this country -- through diets, through their culture, through their training habits. Steve McClaren has done a wonderful job in Holland and despite getting ridiculed in his first spell of International management, I would have no complaints if he got the job again.

(That 'Triumph' advert on the right with the lovely Louise is...well, how the **** did Jamie literally bag that. Jammy ****.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Heh, it's embarrassing for him but I still respect him for trying his luck abroad. Too many British managers stay in their comfort zones. The learning curve is steep but if you stick it out you can learn a lot more than you would by staying in this country -- through diets, through their culture, through their training habits. Steve McClaren has done a wonderful job in Holland and despite getting ridiculed in his first spell of International management, I would have no complaints if he got the job again.
    ditto.
    • TSR Support Team

Relegation Robson sums him up

ReputationRep:
    I still remember the epic season when Middlesborough were relegated bu they made 2 cup finals I think and lost both of them. They had quite a few big name players, Ravanelli and Juninho etc.

The good old days.
    • TSR Support Team

Juninho was one of my favourite non-Villa players.

ReputationRep:
    Worst manager I've seen at Bramall Lane since I started going in 1998!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milan5baros)
    Maybe yeah, I bet he's just struggling to communicate with the players. The article doesn't mention the season he kept West Brom up when they had been bottom at Christmas.
    He will probably live off that, and a couple of things he did at Middlesbrough, for the rest of his career. It's also worth noting that West Brom were relegated the very next season under him, in a waffle season. Although, having just looked it up, we did get 30 points which is more than I thought we got.

I'm not sure I would say he's the worst manager ever, but he is a very bad manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milan5baros)
    The only reason he managed that though really was because there were three really rubbish teams that year in the prem. Thirty four points wouldn't be enough most years to keep you in the premier league.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.