Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have students gone to societies on their own?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done it? I was considering going to societies, but I'm not confident on my own. I've met people in my course, but they go home after sessions. I've met some people in my private hall, but they don't go to the same uni as I am.

ReputationRep:
    I did. I think nearly all of us in that society (about 15ish) went individually as I didn't see any people who seemed to know each other well at the first meeting.

ReputationRep:
    I went to societies on my own I didn't really think that people went together? The whole point in societies is to be able to get involved in things that you're interested in and meet people with similar interests, if you don't go because you haven't got anyone to go with then that sort of misses the point surely?

I went along to horse riding club on my own and have met some nice people there, got Christmas dinner tonight!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Isnt the idea of going to meet people with similar intrests to you and to make new friends?(yes loocee said this already) I'm not saying that you shouldn't bring a friend, but it makes others feel better if we're all on our own.

ReputationRep:
    It genuinely amazes me how often this question is asked. Of course you **** ing go to societies on your own. You don't need a chaperone to go play football/discuss poety, the whole point of these societies is that you will make likeminded friends there. It's like asking "Do people go on lectures on their own? What happens if no-one from their halls is going to the same building? Do they just quit?"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.