Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think we live in an 'instant fame' society these days? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people, especially less well-educated people, want to become famous just for the sake of being famous and don't actually have any talent to back it up.

The most obvious example is with reality TV shows but there are other ways - another obvious one is girls who want to be models or get their tits out for tabloids for a desperate plea for attention and quick fame. Again, no talent, just an irrational belief that they can become famous very quickly and that will solve all their problems.

Who agrees?

ReputationRep:
    This thread brought to you by 'xfactorfan'.

ReputationRep:
    Globviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vandub)
    This thread brought to you by 'xfactorfan'.
    i knew someone would comment on my username :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Being a WAG is well good

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.