Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

spotty back :( Watch

The school dance is in a week on friday and my back is all spotty! I have oily skin and i don't know how do get rids of the spots. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Try clearasill wipes or something? Or you could use some (what I've heard off my lady friends) "Concealer" on your back. I assume that would cover them up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    How often do you shower? Soap can dry out your skin and cause spots if you're washing too much. Shampoo dripping down can also be a cause.

ReputationRep:
    Change your bedding more...

ReputationRep:
    I had this issue when I was 15/16, but fortunately am male so didn't have the problem. I used freederm for face spots, which worked, not sure if it will on your back or not. :holmes: If not, can you make your hair cover it somehow? :dontknow: Or make up. :holmes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Keep hair tied up so as not to add excess oil to your back

If there are a lot you can always go to doctor to get drugs to deal with acne

I use "sanex" shower gel and really found that helped me

ReputationRep:
    Try applying a lil bit of toothpaste to each spot. Leave it on for a few hours and then wash off. Should look way better than before.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest Dermol cream, works wonders.

ReputationRep:
    gross

ReputationRep:
    Accutane, but it takes ages to work.

ReputationRep:
    Sudocrem worked wonders for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The school dance is in a week on friday and my back is all spotty! I have oily skin and i don't know how do get rids of the spots. Any advice?
    Put toothpaste on the individual spots. It dries them up and they vanish within a couple of days. It sounds like an old wives tale but it actually works.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    How often do you shower? Soap can dry out your skin and cause spots if you're washing too much. Shampoo dripping down can also be a cause.
    every day. Haha. hmm... what should i do then? cause i don't like not showering ever day :/

(Original post by Gryffindor)
    gross
    haha. Cheers babe

(Original post by .Ali.)
    Put toothpaste on the individual spots. It dries them up and they vanish within a couple of days. It sounds like an old wives tale but it actually works.
    thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    Rub a body scrub on your back to get rid of the top layer of 'dirty' skin. Then apply an antibacterial cream or acne cream on the spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    Rub a body scrub on your back to get rid of the top layer of 'dirty' skin. Then apply an antibacterial cream or acne cream on the spots.
    brill. thanks. How quickly does it work?
    How often should i do it?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmayne)
    brill. thanks. How quickly does it work?
    How often should i do it?
    Anon fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had this and whole a range of other problems over puberty. Its tough, but theres really not much you can do about this, appart from wearing non-revealing clothes.

the good news is that it COMPLETELY cleared up by the time I was eighteen and I am now free to wear whatever I like !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Anon fail.
    hahahaah tell me about it! hahahahaha. meh, i'm over it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.