Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got my gf one of those mixtape things where it's shaped as a tape but has a usb stick so you put music on it then write the songs on the cover I thought it would be cheesy but cool lol ...

Now's the problem, I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to think of romantic type or even just cool songs to put on it, I've compiled a playlist on my iTunes (Bryan Adams is on there, Savage Garden, Plain White T's- Hey There Delilah) among a few others..

I need some suggestions of other stuff I could put on there, I know what she's into but it's still hard because she actually has a lot of music so I wouldn't want to double up what she already has yet I want it to mean something- hence Bryan Adams (everything I do, I do it for you.. :cool:) Does anyone have any ideas for this particular mix tape?

Also so it's not all advice giving here, if you could make a mix tape for someone, what would you put on it?

ReputationRep:
    For inspiration, check out TinyMixTapes mix-tape section. They generally compile mix tapes based around stupid phrases, like "You don't look anything like your Match.com profile" -- but, sometimes you'll come across ones like "Music to write home about" or love playlists. Essentially, if I was going to make a mixtape for a SO, it'd probably feature songs like: http://www.tinymixtapes.com/mixtape/...elligible-ways

ReputationRep:
    Most/all of these are continuing the 'cheese' theme, hence they might be a bit odd/cliched or whatever.

True - Spandau Ballet
    Heroes - David Bowie
    I'll Be Your Mirror - Velvet Underground
    I'm Sticking With You - Velvet Underground
    There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
    Denis - Blondie
    It Must Be Love - Madness
    L'amour Looks Something Like You/Moving - Kate Bush
    Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis
    Satellite Of Love - Lou Reed
    Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
    You're A Superstar - Love Inc
    Like A Virgin - Madonna (tongue-in-cheek and jokey, self-conscious cheese obviously)
    The Magic Position - Patrick Wolf
    Sand - Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood
    The Only One - The Cure
    The Caterpillar - The Cure
    Friday I'm In Love - The Cure

That's the sort of stuff I'd do anyway, sorry if it's not the right kind of music you wanted.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.