Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, this is about A level Economics grade boundaries.

I'm looking at last years boundaries and the Unit scores required for a grade A are:

Unit 1: 53/75
    Unit 2: 57/75
    Unit 3: 59/80
    Unit 4: 52/80

What I want to know is what do you need overall for a full A Level Grade A?

I always though it was 80%, but these results average to just over 71%.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Which board are you on? They will most likely calculate them differently. OCR for example has cut off points at 80% whereas AQA has slightly lower grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Its AQA, it would be great if it was under 80%, I would love an A in Economics!

ReputationRep:
    Click on the links for the full tables etc. Also, lower grade boundaries do suggest harder examinations.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.