Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

I have my interview PGCE secondary science next week and just need some help understanding this.

for the presentation they have said: do a talk on a science topic of your own choice, which would be suitable for an audience of 16 year olds

that's it

so does that mean any topic in science that a group of 16 year olds would understand?

or should i stick to something that comes in the gcse syllabus?

:confused:

help pls x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSI_HIRO)
    hey guys

I have my interview PGCE secondary science next week and just need some help understanding this.

for the presentation they have said: do a talk on a science topic of your own choice, which would be suitable for an audience of 16 year olds

that's it

so does that mean any topic in science that a group of 16 year olds would understand?

or should i stick to something that comes in the gcse syllabus?

:confused:

help pls x
    either

ReputationRep:
    One equals the other doesn't it? As in something they understand would have to be on a GCSE syllabus.

I would suggest going for a topic where you can use some props and/or visual aids. They really do appreciate you making an effort.

Good luck with this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Live_The_Dream)
    One equals the other doesn't it? As in something they understand would have to be on a GCSE syllabus.

I would suggest going for a topic where you can use some props and/or visual aids. They really do appreciate you making an effort.

Good luck with this
    not necessarily
    I was thinking of a presentation on my dissertation topic but just breaking it down to a level 16 year olds would understand

thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.