Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.
    I am currently trying to finish all my English coursework before the deadline (which is Xmas). My social life is really suffering right now and I would really like to get it out the way. My target grade for English is an A, but I am getting Bs and I have one A in my original writing. I would really like to do A level English so this is important to me, so could you please give me some advice as to how I can boost my coursework grade. Thank you, lovely people xx

ReputationRep:
    When I was doing my coursework, I would dedicate my time towards it. As daunting as it sounds, you're gonna have to cut other events; and completely focus.
    At the end, you can have a major party

So, I would first ask the teacher about my strengths and weaknesses. If you're better off at reading, then try and spend some time practicing writing at home. Likewise, if you're not that confident with reading based coursework's; then spend some time reading different stories, and analysing them. You don't have to read a novel, but make sure you read critically.

Then I would advise you not to rush, but manage your coursework in planned and organised timing. Spend a few hours on different sections daily.

If you have a mark scheme, then it would be great. What exam body you're doing? Look it up, or you can ask me; I'll look for one.
    Ask yourself, once you got the mark scheme, where does your writing fit in. If it's lower than an A, then push yourself to the standards required of an A.

The golden rule with English is to keep on practising and improving. It's tiring, but rewarding.

Also, please don't think B's are bad. They're great, and it shows you have the ability to push towards an A or A*.

Hope I could help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.