The Student Room Group

Non-smokers: would you date someone who smokes?

Scroll to see replies

No, it's the biggest turn off ever.
Nope, definitely not.
Reply 142
I probably wouldn't.

My dad smokes, so I know how annoying it is to live around a smoker.
NEVER.
It's like saying I wouldn't normally date a girl with blonde hair but if I love her I'll accept her as she is.

So in answer to that question, by preference no, but I tend to judge people on personality. If they smoke, they're welcome to but not near me.
Reply 145
Oh har-de-har all the geeky 17 year old TSR boys giving big fat 'NO' responses.

Grow up, life isn't about judging people for little habits. Smoking isn't a big deal - you'll get to uni and realise lots of people actually take up smoking or already smoke.

Piss off, the lot of you.
yes as long as she's hot, doesn't really bother me though, smoking isn't that bad
No.
Reply 148
Smoking can either be a turnoff or point of attraction (for some) or neutral. I'd date girl that smokes and hopefully she would quit at some point, but i'd never date a FAT GIRL!
Reply 149
NO way, stinky breath is not sexy :tongue:
Only if it wasn't around me, if he smoked when he was out with mates or very rarely then fine (probably) but the smell really bothers me, kinda makes me feel sick. And if he always smelt like stale fags I'm not sure I could handle that.
Original post by lesbionic

Grow up, life isn't about judging people for little habits. Smoking isn't a big deal - you'll get to uni and realise lots of people actually take up smoking or already smoke.

Piss off, the lot of you.

Jesus, what is your problem?

A LOT of people, of all ages, do not like to date people who smoke. It is unpleasant to be around someone who is smoking, plus their clothes smell and when you kiss them you can taste it. Not pleasant.

I HAVE dated men who smoked, but they've known I found it offputting. I would not live with a man who smoked, and I'd only date a smoker if he didn't smoke in front of me.

To a lot of NON smokers, smoking is far more than a 'little habit'.
Reply 152
Original post by lesbionic

lol this tbh, nearly everyone smokes at uni, though I've pretty much quit and I smoke about 5 a week now I only really smoke when I hang around with other students this nonsense about not dating smokers is such BS

Original post by thelittleredfox

To a lot of NON smokers, smoking is far more than a 'little habit'.

not really...
(edited 13 years ago)
No.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending