Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm so pathetically nice I bore myself! How do I not be so nice when I'm just naturally a nice and shy guy in general? I'm really like a girl in my accommodation, and I suspect so does another guy that lives here. The other guy is funny, mean, rebellious and talkative and always makes her laugh. Me? The typical boring nice guy; usually silent, holds doors open, carries shopping, makes complements etc. I think pretty much everyone knows who she'd be more interested in!

How do I stop being so damn nice? Or is there a way to still be nice without being boring? What if being mean or exciting just doesn't come naturally to me? Should I just accept defeat and forget it?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea why you would want to aspire to be "mean and rebellious". These are both traits that (as far as I'm aware) women do not want in a partner. Yeah, sure they might go for the cool guy now. But in a couple of years time women will usually get sick of the immature childish guys and go for the gentlemen. Though. You might want to take what i say with a pinch of salt. I don't really understand people very well, and my views could be twisted.

ReputationRep:
    Just be a ****. Look at the bad in people (without pushing it too far) and think of ways to mock them. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You can be nice but be assertive for example don't let people walk over you. It is possible to be nice and assertive. And being nice is a rare quality and one that makes you likeable in my experience so be who you are.

ReputationRep:
    Call everyone you come into contact with a ****? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Life isn't a rom-com. Just because the other guy sounds like the typical "bad boy" doesn't mean you have no chance with the girl. Instead of being silent, talk to her and get in there first.

ReputationRep:
    Be a friendly ****. You know how you mess around with friends, playfully insult your little brother, say mean things but with a smile so that they know you're joking? Do that.

It's not hard to not be quiet. It's not hard to not bend over backwards.

ReputationRep:
    next time you see this girl punch her in the face. She won't think you're nice then and is sure to give you a blowjob :yes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.