Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Diplomat's son battered labrador puppy 20 times because he was 'having a bad day' Watch

ReputationRep:
    What a disgusting person.

A diplomat's son who viciously kicked and punched his puppy because he was 'having a bad day' after being turned down for a job has narrowly avoided being locked up for the horrific attack.
    Mohammed Abou-Sabaa, whose father is a prominent Tunisian official, was caught on CCTV raining down more than 20 blows on his labrador, Poppy, as she cowered in terror.
    In a final, sickening, attack, the 21-year-old student was filmed kicking the blameless pet down a flight of steps outside his luxury city centre flat.

More here.

ReputationRep:
    Spoilt brat.

ReputationRep:
    I await the ****storm that is sure to commence.

And I expect people to turn this into an Islam hate thread.

Go!

ReputationRep:
    :puppyeyes: Did the puppy die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    Did the puppy die? :puppeyes:
    Fortunately, it has fully recovered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    Fortunately, it has fully recovered.
    phew,

ReputationRep:
    what a sweet dog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    I await the sh*tstorm that is sure to commence.

And I expect people to turn this into an Islam hate thread.

Go!
    In fairness, bringing up the religion of Islam (if the man in question is indeed a Muslim) would be perfectly valid. The Quran specifically casts dogs as impure, and Islamic tradition considers Mohammed to have held a disliking for dogs.

ReputationRep:
    People like this make me sick. I'd like to kick the **** out of him...

Cute dog!!

ReputationRep:
    Deport. Deport. Deport. Deport. Deport. Deport.

Why do people do these things? It is sickening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    In fairness, bringing up the religion of Islam (if the man in question is indeed a Muslim) would be perfectly valid. The Quran specifically casts dogs as impure, and Islamic tradition considers Mohammed to have held a disliking for dogs.
    So you're telling me Islam teaches people to beat up dogs?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps he thought that the dog was a stress release toy...

It was clearly an accident and the man shouldn't be blamed for this at all.

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible. But what's more horrible is that this happens to stray cats in warmer countries all the time. Many of them are treated like plague rats, they are killed and tortured. There's a girl in my class from Moldavia who hung a stray cat by the neck until it died when she was younger and to her that was "no big deal".

And people eat dogs in South Korea.

The puppy abuse is absolutely horrible. But maybe the media should put it into context. It's the same when you see "10 people dead from the swine flu" on the front page of the paper, and then there's nothing about the thousands of people who died from a cholera outbreak in some developing country.

ReputationRep:
    I'll kick him down a flight of stairs and see how he likes it!!
    It's disgusting and anyone guilty of animal cruelty should be locked up.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see someone else who was having a bad day beat him to a pulp.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of a Dylan song. Take the rag away from your face; now ain't the time for your tears.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez that's disgusting how deliberate and prolonged it was

ReputationRep:
    We all have our bad days. When we all feel like going to find a random puppy to kick

Ok maybe not all of us, just the ridiculously rich, sheltered and upper class people

ReputationRep:
    He was the diplomat's sooooon. It was eighty-oooooonee.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.