Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ever fallen out with someone for ages then made up with them? Watch

a la gary & robbie stylee?

I'm thinking about trying to make friends again with this girl who used to be my best mate but it's been years.

Your stories?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have. Fallen out again now, though, and I can't see us getting it back.

Shame, he was the first person I ever really identified with.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I broke up with my best friend for about 3 years and then suddenly she came back and all was well.
    It depends WHAT you broke up about... if it was something stupid (like, in my case, i through a glue stick at her head LOL and things went downhill from there) then it'd be easy to forgive and forget. However, if you were considerably mean or spiteful or dishonest or something to them (or vice versa), then theres less of a chance. Also, remember that once youve argued and broken up once, it will almost always happen again. Dont expect to be back to best friends.

ReputationRep:
    no. must be a girl thing

try not letting your emotions/hormones get in the way and you shouldn't 'fall out'

ReputationRep:
    I've never really had arguments where it's lasted longer than a day of not speaking, apart from one person I fell out with about a year ago. I never want to see her again in my life and I doubt we'll become friends again. It was a shame because I'd known her for 7 years...

ReputationRep:
    I did, for about 4years, he fancied me, didn't take me going out with my ex well, we argued he tried to blackmail me and beat me up. He lost the fight, we stopped talking til early this year when he asked me a question about motorbikes. I now see him regularly and we get on rally well as he's grown up and apologised to me, my parents and sister.

All credit to him i wouldn't have bothered to get in contact with him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.