Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so here's the chiz... I've designed this website and it has this flash slide show movie on it, so I code it all up using this basic code on Adobe Dreamweaver ~

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="flash movee.swf" width="910" height="319">
    <param name="movie" value="flash movee.swf" />
    <embed src="flash movee.swf" width="910" height="319"></embed>
    </object>

And it works on the previews on Firefox etc, but when I upload it to my host site, it wont show, I don't even get the grey retarded box o_o I just get this blank space. Someone help me please x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic21)
    Okay so here's the chiz... I've designed this website and it has this flash slide show movie on it, so I code it all up using this basic code on Adobe Dreamweaver ~

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="flash movee.swf" width="910" height="319">
    <param name="movie" value="flash movee.swf" />
    <embed src="flash movee.swf" width="910" height="319"></embed>
    </object>

And it works on the previews on Firefox etc, but when I upload it to my host site, it wont show, I don't even get the grey retarded box o_o I just get this blank space. Someone help me please x
    Sorry for the simpleton answer. But have you saved your flash file in the same location as your index (or whatever page it is) on the web hoster?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, yes I have saved it all in my Site Root folder and on my Public folder on the actual web hoster file manager

I might have to phone up my host website people as everything I've done should work and as it works absolutely fine on my preview there should be no problem with it playing on the actual site >.< I'm just so confused, I've tried everything and nothing seems to work :'(

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to HTML. <src> (as you already probably know) trys to source and locate a file. So when it is uploaded onto your web host, it may have to be changed. However. If it works in the previews, i would assume it should work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic21)
    [COLOR=&quot;RoyalBlue&quot;]Thanks for the reply, yes I have saved it all in my Site Root folder and on my Public folder on the actual web hoster file manager

I might have to phone up my host website people as everything I've done should work and as it works absolutely fine on my preview there should be no problem with it playing on the actual site &gt;.&lt; I'm just so confused, I've tried everything and nothing seems to work :'( [/COLOR]
    Perhaps you could post a link to your website (or private message one of us) and we can have a look. This might be easier than attempting to diagnose remotely.

ReputationRep:
    My guess is...

Your file name has a space in it so wont work online, remove it and add a / to the beginning of the file name, assuming its in the same directory as the page that is referencing it.

ReputationRep:
    some servers are case sensitive, make sure you use exactly the same case and try not to use spaces.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.