The Student Room Group

I hit my girlfriend...

Ok, before everyone starts shouting abuse and how I should turn myself into the police, you need to know the whole context, and understand that it was entirely an accident.

You may or may not have read the thread, but I'm the person who hates having their neck touched ... and my girlfriend likes to touch and kiss my neck. So, in order to get over this, we were trying something where I would be totally relaxed and trusting of her, and then she would slowly touch my neck to see how I'd respond.

So, I was trusting and relaxed. I was so very relaxed, I was in a completely different headspace and, to be honest here, I forgot she was there with me. I even forgot I was there. Then she touched my neck, and brought me out of it very suddenly...

I really did just act on instinct and, in an attempt to get the 'attacker' away from me, I hit out ... and caught her. It was only after that that I even remembered it would be my girlfriend, and as soon as I realised I was stroking and kissing where I'd hit her, getting the ice, cuddling her and apologising.

She said she was all right with it and she understood I hadn't meant to violently attack her, even that she should have gone slower and not taken me by surprise.

However, since then, she hasn't responded to my texts or be as active in conversations, she seems jumpy around me, she was hesistant to get in a car with, she doesn't sleep half laying on me anymore... :s-smilie:

I don't know what to do - I really didn't mean to hit her, and I love her so much ... but I think I've scared her, and I'm probably one of the most non-violent people you could meet. Is there anything I can do to make it up to her?

TL;DR version: Accidentally hit my girlfriend in circumstances that are IMO completely understandable. Not a violent person, but now she seems scared of me - anything I can do about it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's not an accident. You're just lying. POLICE POLICE!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
anything I can do about it?

stop punching her? walk around in a straight jacket?
Reply 3
did you just 'Chris Brown' your girlfriend :eek:
you obviously didnt mean to hurt her, you just freaked her out. how long ago was this incident
Reply 5
This really isn't the place to post this, all you are gonna get is a lot of abuse and hate yourself.
Reply 6
Original post by Sani-Insanity
you obviously didnt mean to hurt her, you just freaked her out. how long ago was this incident

Sunday night.

Original post by Liam 09
This really isn't the place to post this, all you are gonna get is a lot of abuse and hate yourself.

If only people would read it - I really didn't mean to.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, before everyone starts shouting abuse and how I should turn myself into the police, you need to know the whole context, and understand that it was entirely an accident.

You may or may not have read the thread, but I'm the person who hates having their neck touched ... and my girlfriend likes to touch and kiss my neck. So, in order to get over this, we were trying something where I would be totally relaxed and trusting of her, and then she would slowly touch my neck to see how I'd respond.

So, I was trusting and relaxed. I was so very relaxed, I was in a completely different headspace and, to be honest here, I forgot she was there with me. I even forgot I was there. Then she touched my neck, and brought me out of it very suddenly...

I really did just act on instinct and, in an attempt to get the 'attacker' away from me, I hit out ... and caught her. It was only after that that I even remembered it would be my girlfriend, and as soon as I realised I was stroking and kissing where I'd hit her, getting the ice, cuddling her and apologising.

She said she was all right with it and she understood I hadn't meant to violently attack her, even that she should have gone slower and not taken me by surprise.

However, since then, she hasn't responded to my texts or be as active in conversations, she seems jumpy around me, she was hesistant to get in a car with, she doesn't sleep half laying on me anymore... :s-smilie:

I don't know what to do - I really didn't mean to hit her, and I love her so much ... but I think I've scared her, and I'm probably one of the most non-violent people you could meet. Is there anything I can do to make it up to her?

TL;DR version: Accidentally hit my girlfriend in circumstances that are IMO completely understandable. Not a violent person, but now she seems scared of me - anything I can do about it?

its the same as kicking out if your feet are tickled in a way.
I dont think its so bad, but obveously never try it again! she is best just keeping away from your neck, I am the same about mine so I know how it feels. I wonder if your actually looking for changes in her behaviour because you feel guilty? She has already said she understands.
Just apologise again and explain that the desensitising thing really isnt going to happen so she needs to learn that the neck is off limits.
Tell dat bitch to suk ur dik or get out

>…>

Edit: nice Rep bitchezzzzz....

Edit2:

Bitches I hope you know

I won't stop till I hit that hoe

HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD bitccchessssssssssssss

Edit3: To all those neg repping bitchezzz..... SMD ****ers!!!!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
You need to see a psychiatrist.
Neckclicker? :eyeball:

No excuse for hitting your girlfriend. :naughty: Seems like you two aren't really made for each other.
its only been three days, just give her a bit of space and then try to talk to her, she'll probably respond more once she's given time to get over it.
Reply 12
I can understand where she's coming from. She may well completely know that you're not a dangerous person, but it's difficult to rebuild that trust. It's not your fault but human nature. Just stick clear of activities like that in future and try and make it up to her. She may well come around. Good luck
Reply 13
I believe you. I think that you really freaked her out. She needs some time to get over what happened and fully regain her trust in you again!

All the best of luck.
I hope she hit you back?
Reply 15
Original post by xnatalie01x
I hope she hit you back?

No, she just cried a lot and I felt like ****.
Reply 16
Original post by patientology
You need to see a psychiatrist.

This. You sound like a violent bull. Of course you didn't mean to hurt her - but you still did. What's going to happen if your boss gives you a pat on the shoulder one day and randomly touches your neck? Will he end up in the hospital? Get yourself sorted out.
Reply 17
What it like a straight punch in the face or did you just catch her? Regardless it will take a while to regain trust but I'm sure she knew you wouldn't want to hurt her.
Reply 18
Worst excuse ever.

Get the hell over it, it's your GIRLFRIEND touching your neck in an affectionate manner, she's not grabbing it and strangling it. You were not at all justified in hitting her, and I don't blame her for the way she's reacting. You knew she was going to touch it - you can't justify reacting like a complete retard because it was "quicker than you agreed."
Good God.
Reply 19
Use this scenario to clear things up:
*get down on all fours*
You: "Your turn"
:whip2:

Do that or apologize,
you must of hit her hard to make her frightened of you!

Latest

Trending

Trending