Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It is mine! Hope to see fellow firmers next year

ReputationRep:
    Go Reading!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTstudies)
    Go Reading!
    I am I can't help but notice not many people from TSR apply to Reading though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calannra)
    Well I've applied, but I wouldn't say it's my firm. However, that depends on what offers I get (oh, and grades of course).

Have you already received an offer from them? What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miff-meista)
    Well I've applied, but I wouldn't say it's my firm. However, that depends on what offers I get (oh, and grades of course).

Have you already received an offer from them? What did you apply for?
    Yes I have put it as my firm choice. My offer is to achieve grade A in sociology or psychology as I already have AB in Law and Biology

Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! It's mine (Well at least it will be when I hear from my last two choices!) Loved the campus, the place looks awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bannem)
    Yes! It's mine (Well at least it will be when I hear from my last two choices!) Loved the campus, the place looks awesome!
    Ooh yay! What are you applying for? Yeah the campus is lovely, and a nice area of the country.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry! You?

Yeah Berkshire is quite nice, Reading it's self is quite busy so i'm looking forward to it! Grades Permitting!

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry! You?

Yeah Berkshire is quite nice, Reading it's self is quite busy so i'm looking forward to it! Grades Permitting!
    What grades do you need? Good luck in your exams

I'm applying for Law

ReputationRep:
    ABB! Is law AAA?

ReputationRep:
    ABB! Is law AAA?
    Nope, its AAB. But aiming for A*AA to get their law scholarship of £1000

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I'm hoping for AAA! The A* criteria is a little crazy so I don't pretend to understand it. I know you need 90% in something or other.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I'm hoping for AAA! The A* criteria is a little crazy so I don't pretend to understand it. I know you need 90% in something or other.
    Yes it is a little ridiculous, and I am a little miffed it is A*AA Oh well, keeps me on my toes I guess

Have you looked at the accommodation at Reading? Any that take your fancy?

ReputationRep:
    Reading is my insurance choice to get 300 points from 3 A-levels.

Pretty reasonable- BBB, A*CC, ABC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight of Cydonia)
    Reading is my insurance choice to get 300 points from 3 A-levels.

Pretty reasonable- BBB, A*CC, ABC
    maybe see you there then

ReputationRep:
    if i get an offer for finance and investment banking from reading i will firm it as first choice but so far only got 1 offer form manchester but hey cant complain with no rejects thus far

i loved reading when i went down to the open day, epic campus so nice, had the right balance of greenery/quiteness and busyness about it if you get what i mean,

ReputationRep:
    maybe see you there then
    My firm is ABB, and I really think its about 65% likely ill be going to Reading more than Southampton

ReputationRep:
    i can't help but look at any posts about Reading, bit biased really
    I was so excited when I got my offer so could have it as a firm choice!
    It's worth aiming for those scholarships Mine was £2000 for AAA which should be good for my year abroad! (but then a year and a half ago we couldn't get A* haha!)

It really is a great campus, and Reading is a nice place in general, and the night life is good too ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameraGirl)
    i can't help but look at any posts about Reading, bit biased really
    I was so excited when I got my offer so could have it as a firm choice!
    It's worth aiming for those scholarships Mine was £2000 for AAA which should be good for my year abroad! (but then a year and a half ago we couldn't get A* haha!)

It really is a great campus, and Reading is a nice place in general, and the night life is good too ;P
    Do you do law at Reading???? :holmes: Yeah I'd prefer the scholarship criteria to be AAA, much easier, but I suppose aiming for an A* will keep me on my toes....

ReputationRep:
    Do you do law at Reading???? :holmes: Yeah I'd prefer the scholarship criteria to be AAA, much easier, but I suppose aiming for an A* will keep me on my toes....
    No haha, I do MMet Meteorology, but I have a couple of friends from my first year who are doing law Several of the courses offer scholarships One of my grades would have been an A* luckily if I'd had to aim for that, but I'm happy with my As they got me where I wanted!

What A levels are you doing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.