Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sound maximising earphones for Sansa Clip. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Some advice needed.

I have just got a Sansa Clip. Its small and doesn't have alot of power, to the extent that I am finding the maximum volume insufficient. It simply isn't enough to drown out the sound of the roaring and thunderous motors of the public bus that I take everyday.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good (though not too expensive) pair of earphones that can get the most of what power there is?

Any other ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know this too, my crappy standard ipod ones fail to keep the sound of the tube out...and also i'm scared i'll go deaf as I'm always on full volume. Want ones that don't leak the sound out..

ReputationRep:
    Urm, I have a sansa clip and the volume is fine...I usually have mine at way less than a quarter even in noisy areas as I don't want to loose my hearing.. To me anyway my health is one of the most important things but I guess for others it's different.

Remember also: set your MP3 beforeat a low level so throughout the day you don't just keep turning it higher and higher as this damages your ears..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashi Shrestha)
    Well...the thing that all of u are talking about here is impedance...its basically the resistance of the headphones...which means that higher the impedance, the greater the power required to drive them....while buying headphones look out for the specifications at the back of the cover..if it says something between 10-16 ohms then they should work pretty well for ur sansa clip...I use audio technica ATH-FC700..an amazing pair of headphones that sound beautiful even when i use a cell phone to listen through them...i suggest trying in ear monitors...(the ones that go deep into ur ear with that cony rubbery thing) rather than normal earbud (that sit on the ledge on ur ears like Ipod earphones)...as they isolate sound and dont let ur buses and bikes turn into a part of ur music.. I suggest that u try bose..sony..audio technica and sennheiser earbuds and in ear monitors...they should work pretty well..and it all depends on ur budget...hope this helps...
    my problem with my headphones offends you? hence the neg rep?
    that makes sense =/

ReputationRep:
    Get isolating ear buds, they can be had for pretty cheap, and block out a good proportion of the noise. The Sansa clip is a great little player, very good audio quality, and you shouldn't need to have the volume over about 50%.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.