Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Careers that allow worldwide travel Watch

ReputationRep:
    what careers/jobs would you say give you the opportunity to, over the course of your life, live and work in a variety of countries, and basically see the world? What professions open up the opportunity to do this/are of such a need in other countries it is easy to relocate?

Archaeologist?
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      Diplomat :yes:

ReputationRep:
      ROADIE.

AKA, Backline Technician :proud:

ReputationRep:
      pilot
      air host/hostess
      football scout
      international relations
      Explorer
      Travel writer

ReputationRep:
      Royal Navy.

ReputationRep:
      Trolley dolly.

ReputationRep:
      Hooker

ReputationRep:
      air hostess.
      say no more.
      /thread

ReputationRep:
      Bureaucrat, pilot, air hostess, economist, doctor, nurse, teacher, scientist, translator, musician, photographer, art historian, lifeguard, sailing instructor, ski instructor, circus freak, prostitute, au pair, chef, banking, dentist......blah! Basically anything. Don't go into a career because of anticipated travel. You'll spend most of your time, wherever you are, working. So pick something which interests you. Something which gets you out of bed in the morning, gives a little satisfaction, making you enjoy the rest of your life along the way.

ReputationRep:
      Model.

ReputationRep:
      Travel writer...

ReputationRep:
      Army?

Apparently being laboratory manager at a flavourings company will do it too, because for as far back as I can remember my dad has been buggering off to conferences everywhere from Ireland to Israel. He's seen pretty much every major sight there is to see and so many minor ones too. However globe trotting aside, it is otherwise the most boring ass job imaginable, so beware.

ReputationRep:
      Assassin, spy, terrorist.

ReputationRep:
      Geologist

ReputationRep:
      Poker player

ReputationRep:
      Musician in a touring band

Busking (did it myself and was able to travel outside the UK last summer and earn enough money busking to fund it)

Running an internet business, i.e. selling your own ebook or having a profit-generating website or blog (this is something I'm currently working on so I can travel more in the future)

Teaching English or another language abroad

Fruit picking in various countries

Working on cruise ships

There are lots of possibilities....read 'Work your way around the world' by Susan Griffiths for more ideas, it's a great book.

ReputationRep:
      My dad was a salesman for an electronics company and he travelled around the world a lot

ReputationRep:
      Mathematician

ReputationRep:
      I'm just joking

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.