Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just a quick question regarding rounding down.

I've had a potential divider question, and have calculated the current.

now I've rounded that to 2sf for my answer but I still use my original 3sf answer in my calculations, according to the mark scheme they are incorrect in subsequent questions, the mark scheme is using the rounded result not the acctual.

What is correct?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would always stick with the marking scheme but things may have changed. I would advise consulting your teacher.

(Original post by ArcAngel)
      Hi

Just a quick question regarding rounding down.

I've had a potential divider question, and have calculated the current.

now I've rounded that to 2sf for my answer but I still use my original 3sf answer in my calculations, according to the mark scheme they are incorrect in subsequent questions, the mark scheme is using the rounded result not the acctual.

What is correct?

Thanks
      I agree with what soup said.
      The exam board will have guidelines on its website.

Could you post the actual question and figures, it would then be easier to see what's going on.
      For example, why did you round to 2 sig figs? What data was given in the question? etc

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.