Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Share your further ambitions at University! (not related to your degree) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just don't like the thought that I get which is "Your life is going to be based on this degree". Don't get me wrong, I really do want to study my chosen degree at University, but also want to:

- Join a cricket team/club, and be able to excel to high levels of cricket. Perhaps I would even be lucky enough to find myself in the position where it could possibly be my career.

- Play music to audiences; local gigs, that sort of stuff. Also make some friends that could potentially write with me and form a little band :cool: I've already done this at school, and its been great fun.

- Write a few novels. I have tons of ideas in my head, and I know that you don't need to have a degree in English, Literature etc. to become a writer, because its more of a natural talent. I wouldn't want to study it anyway because most of the stuff doesn't interest me in the slightest, but reading/writing about things in my own interest has been a hobby of mine for like, forever

Hmm. I'm getting ahead of myself, haven't even got the grades to get into University yet! My offers are just getting me over excited

Anyone else planning to get involved in something they really want to do, outside of degree study time?

ReputationRep:
    Guys on TSR - To get laid....

ReputationRep:
    1) Spread the word that the novel is now potentially the least popular media form and consequently somewhat superfluous

2) Cleanse
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a formula 1 driver...it wont happen...but I can dream :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I want to be a formula 1 driver...it wont happen...but I can dream :moon:
    for which team?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    for which team?
    An all woman team, kinda wanna show the guys how it is done...

But failing that Red Bull (cos Red Bull gives you wings...)

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely to have a bunch of sex, then afterwards to try and find a woman with good looks and a quality brain with which to produce a good quality child.There are more of these at university than there are in the non-University world.

Also maybe have a good fight, I haven't had one for years.

Also get buff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.