Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does group work fail because of a lack of authority Watch

ReputationRep:
    I read the thread about group work and was wondering does the face nobody is an authority or appears to be in the lead limit the team?

ReputationRep:
    i reckon so yes - behind every group there needs to be a leader. I strongly believe this because as a mature student of 30, I understand the importance of having someone direct and lead a group; through my professional working career ive witnessed appalling management styles because they have no leadership qualities. Hence why i've always taken the leader role in my group assignments and it works.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yes. In school they use group work as con to get you to work, however the problem is you might be able to get the task finished, but you learn absolutely nothing. Same with whole education system really. Sorry I was about to go into a rant there. I will stop now.

ReputationRep:
    It also fails when the other group members chose the wrong degree...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.