Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I quit university! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I havn't had the same love for my course since having time out after an episode of depression last year. I have no love, passion or enthusiasm for my course or education in general. So I quit.

ReputationRep:
    i ate an apple!

ReputationRep:
    I can totally identify with that. I sometimes fantasise about doing the same.

What was the deciding thing for you?

ReputationRep:
    food services are always hiring man. wise choise clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I havn't had the same love for my course since having time out after an episode of depression last year. I have no love, passion or enthusiasm for my course or education in general. So I quit.
    same. let's party :bunny:

ReputationRep:
    what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats. Now you get to pay back student loans without getting anything out of it in exchange

ReputationRep:
    rock on

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad there is a general understanding regarding the depression and quitting uni thing'.
    Basically after taking time out last year after attempting suicide I have came back, but it hasn't gone smoothly.

I'm going to die by suicide soon.

Thanks to the people who took the time in talking to me (so no, I'm not going to have to pay back my tuition fees for getting nothing out of it).

EDIT: some people may think I'm a troll for wtiting this, and so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I'm glad there is a general understanding regarding the depression and quitting uni thing'.
    Basically after taking time out last year after attempting suicide I have came back, but it hasn't gone smoothly.

I'm going to die by suicide soon.

Thanks to the people who took the time in talking to me (so no, I'm not going to have to pay back my tuition fees for getting nothing out of it).

EDIT: some people may think I'm a troll for wtiting this, and so be it.
    Then congrats on beating the system re: student loans.

Seriously though, don't kill yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Don't kill yourself.

I suggest raising some money and visiting places you'd never have thought of doing so. Visit isolated monasteries. Volunteer in Africa for a year. Explore the world a little more and then make a decision whether you think it's worth to live.

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel as though I can go through this anymore. No more fighting, no more making threads on TSR when most people think you are trolling, sorry, but this is the end of the line for me.

I love you all.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Skeen. U mad.

ReputationRep:
    This thread should be closed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.