Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I cam off the pill after 6 years, and as the title says im currently waiting for my normal cycle to return. My period should have been last week Friday, however I still haven't seen anything.

For those who have come off the pill and endured the wait for their normal cycle to return, how long did you have to wait??? . .

ReputationRep:
    i was on it for 2 years at onepoint and came off of it for a while. it took around 1 1/2 - 2 weeks for me.

ReputationRep:
    for me it was nearly 2 months before it returned

(Original post by speir)
    for me it was nearly 2 months before it returned
    Mind me asking, did you settle back into a weekly cycle or was it day here, day there?? . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Mind me asking, did you settle back into a weekly cycle or was it day here, day there?? . .
    It settled back into a weekly cycle but they was a little spotting now and then

(Original post by speir)
    It settled back into a weekly cycle but they was a little spotting now and then
    Haha odeary I jus re read my original post to you - said weekly when actually I meant monthly :ninjagirl: and I'm guessing you meant monthly too??? .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Haha odeary I jus re read my original post to you - said weekly when actually I meant monthly :ninjagirl: and I'm guessing you meant monthly too??? .....
    Ha yep i meant monthly I came off the pill and it took at least 2 months before my period returned and for the next month there was occassional spotting one or two days.

(Original post by speir)
    Ha yep i meant monthly I came off the pill and it took at least 2 months before my period returned and for the next month there was occassional spotting one or two days.
    Ahh okey dokey. Were you on it a while?? I was on it for 6years.

ReputationRep:
    I came off the pill nearly three weeks ago now and still nothing....

ReputationRep:
    Mine was over a month before I got my period again, haven't had a second one yet though (but it hasn't been a month since my last period yet).

ReputationRep:
    it took mine about 6 weeks to come back, your body has to get used to creating the hormones itself again. if you're worried take a pregnancy test, but it should be fine. for up to a year after coming off any hormonal birth control your periods can be a bit off.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Mine turned up from what I remember 28days after I came off it, but I was only on it for 4months.. (my periods are regularly irregular, and I took it to regulate it and decided it wasn't worth it)

Now my periods are a bit mental, but meh the first two months were fine after coming off.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.